My heaven (Discriptive Writing)

My heaven (Discriptive Writing)

A Story by Thomas Abernathy
"

A dream.

"

The buildings are a red velvet hue. I, am in a street ally way watching as the light glistens and shines like stars of the midnight sky off of the steady flow of water that pours endlessly from small funnels in the buildings. To my right, off the golden path, lays several stone tables, around them, are men and women sharing a meal, and laughing under the shade of exotic plants. Across from me, in a small courtyard, lays a wooden pavilion, grow vines laden in rich, succulent fruits which seem bursting with energy. Round the pavilion, flowers of every shape and hue dominate the glorious view, On the edges of the buildings, fountains pour water into small troughs that surround the basin of the buildings. The streets, paved with gold. The buildings themselves seem to stretch on forever, but at their top, lays a large red and gold dome, encrusted with jewels. Down the street, and to my left lays a large waterfall. It's mass is awe-inspiring, and in-front of it lays a large wooden contraption that pulls water from the waterfall and feeds it through aqueducts in the buildings. To my right, and far down the street lays a large palace.It is made form pure gold, and though it doesn't have any light reflected upon it, it still shines brightly in a steady pulsating hue. It's large and windowless, with golden towers dominating the four corners, and threatening the sky, that trys so helplessly to evade them. The area has a musty smell, and feel. It's pleasant, and humid. The area is beautiful, and the light seems to emate from no where, as there doesn't seem to be a sun. There are clouds, but no sky. It is bright, but only stars are in the air. And a light mist seems to travel in the air. Though never does it stick to your face. All animals of the Earth stalk this brilliant shining, red and golden hue that is this city.

© 2008 Thomas Abernathy


Author's Note

Thomas Abernathy
Literally came from a very sleepless night. Sparaticly I went in and out of sleep, and each trasition to a new object is a new dream. I would wake up, and write this down on my phone, then drift off. Kinda cool how it all came together. Either way, if I were to imagine heaven, I would probably imagine this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! This is a very cathartic piece and is very well written. I am impressed by how well it flows. This is an excellent read. Its brute heart felt honesty is very unique.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 10, 2008

Author

Thomas Abernathy
Thomas Abernathy

Oklahoma City, OK



About
Uhm, well...uhm...me? No, I'm not nervious or strange. I'm just me. It's, one of those things that's almost, if not definatly impossible to write out. For, words cannot, and will not ever be able to f.. more..

Writing
Intro Intro

A Chapter by Thomas Abernathy