The night I met the devil.

The night I met the devil.

A Story by Hollowtree9342
"

About a dream I had. Hope you like.

"
I woke up sucking air. My eyes popped open and I stared around the room in fear. My breathing was coming in shallowed  gasps. I was gripping the white sheets with all of my might.  Everything in the room seemed to jump out at me as I searched in frantically trying to ease my racing mind. 
I finally managed to push my rigid body up off the bed. I was soaked in sweat from the back of my neck all the way down my back. My hair was sticking to my neck and my nightgown was plastered to me. 
I hobbled into the bathroom and flipped on the light. I grabbed a hold of the sink before I caved in. " Your fine Marcy" I kept telling myself over and over. When the echo of my voice answered me it was only the I realized I was talking to myself. 
I ran a hand over my face and realized how bad I look. I had been having this dream over and over now for almost two weeks. It had started the night I found out my grandmother died, and had become intensely more violent. I had dark circles under my eyes and my skin looked like it had been drained of its color. 
I turned the faucet on and splashed water on my face. But that wouldn't do. I let go of the sink , sure I could support my own weight this time and started stripping my clothes off. I was just about to throw the silk white night gown in the hamper when I noticed something on it. 
I held it up by the straps and sucked in my breath. Fear swallowed me whole once again. " Marcy your loosing your f*****g mind" I said aloud. But I knew that I wasn't . I knew I was really seeing what I was seeing.  The back of the nightgown was shredded , as if someone had taken a pair of dull scissors and tried to cut it off me. But the nightgown being ruined wasn't what I was looking at, the blood was.  
Bright red blood, now dried was splattered all over the night , all the way to the hem of it. I turned quickly to look at my back in the mirror above the sink. " what the f**k" My back was fine. Smooth skin, not a flaw on it. 
I tossed the nightgown in the hamper and turned the shower on . Trying to shake what had just happened out of my mind. Everything was in a big blur now. I will admit I haven't been myself since my grandmother died. But not being yourself was part of the whole grieving process right? 
As I showered I let my mind drift back to the dream I had been having. My stomach churned at the thought of it.  But I had to figure out what was behind the cause of these night terrors. 
The dream, oh what a dream it was. It started out beautiful , I was sitting on the edge of a pond. You know the kind that had the brick enclosure around them. It would be dusk and I was dipping my feet in the water. Always in the same white night gown I had just thrown out. The water was dark, too dark for that time of day. You couldn't see anything beneath the surface. But I wasn't afraid to put my feet in. 
All too soon the sun would go down. And darkness would engulf me and the pond. But the pound wasn't dark, a light would start floating from the dark depths of the water to the surface. I would reach towards the light, wanting it to pool me in. Soon the light would be blinding I would have to shield my eyes.  
I would reach out to the light, but it would burn my finger tips to the point to where I would jerk my hand back. I was confused by this beautiful but deadly light.  
But that wasn't the strangest part of the dream, I let the water from the shower beat my back until it was sore. I kept thinking about the man. The breath taking man that would emerge from the light. He had to be the most gorgeous creature I had ever laid my eyes on. But something about him frightened me. And he would always emerge from the light and try to pull me into the water with him. 
I had other dreams about the man , wild dreams. Dreams about passionate love making by that very pond, dreams of child bearing that caused me phantom pain even in my sleep. Dreams of death and destruction that were caused by the pond man. 
Maybe I needed to go see a doctor or something. Thats what I kept telling myself, promising myself that if the dreams didn't stop. But I always delayed it. Curious as to what dreams about the Pond man I would have next. 
He wasn't an angel or God for that matter. I was certain of that. I turned the shower off and pulled the curtain back. But the minute the cool outside air touched my sink it prickled up in fear.  I wasn't alone. I could hear breathing, breathing coincided with my own.  I forced my self to open my eyes.
When I saw what was before me I grabbed the shower head for support. In front of me was the pond man. But he wasn't the beautiful soul I remember. His blues eyes burned red and he had an evil sneer on his face. The sneer turned to a smile and I could see his fangs. 
I stifled a scream. My heart was beating in my chest.  The Pond man laughed and it was at that moment I realized I was seeing Satan himself. " Oh god please help me " I prayed silently. " Oh Marcy, you poor thing, God isn't going to help you now."  
He lunged towards me , everything was a black blur. I was his and I knew it. His hands closed around my throat as I gave in to him. Everything swirled around me .
I woke up the next morning laying naked in my bed. The suns painful rays streamed through my window and I quickly got up and shut the curtains.  I stepped back from the window and watched as the smoke lisped up off my skin.  I laughed. It was a cold , high pitched laugh. I turned my attention back to the bed. My pond man was laying there, arm thrown over his face. He was the most beautiful creature I had seen.  And I was his.  I climbed back into the bed, the sheets cold. 
I lay my head on his chest. He had no heart beat and his skin was like ice , colder than ice.  I was breathing but he wasn't . That and the ticking of the clock on the wall where the only sounds that filled the room.  
The heated  and blissful memories of the night before played through my mind. The Pond man was what I had spent my whole life waiting on. He was what my grandmother had protected me from . She had gone to her grave trying to keep me from his grasp, but when God finally took her in his arms, I was destined to become what I always was. 
Evil, pure unadulterated evil. 

© 2012 Hollowtree9342


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on February 20, 2012
Last Updated on February 20, 2012

Author

Hollowtree9342
Hollowtree9342

Radford, VA



About
The name is Tabitha. I am a lost soul wandering among many others in this big world. Writing is my passion and my poison. It gets me higher than any other thing in this world. So please take the.. more..

Writing