A Dream... or a Nightmare-ish Reality?

A Dream... or a Nightmare-ish Reality?

A Story by Jiyuu
"

A young man must join an organization to protect his loved ones. Dedicated to my "Big Brother." Inspired by his dream.

"

Running. That's what I was doing. You're probably asking, “Why are you running?” Well, look behind me and you'll see why. F*****g mutated people. And that's not even the half of it. They were animals just a few seconds ago. Basically, they looked like dogs that were foaming blood at the mouth. Now, they look like humans. What the f**k? Oh, hey. Introductions. The name's SongHeng. Here I was, just enjoying a day at Six Flags, minding my own business. Then, all of a sudden, I hear screaming and all this s**t just blows up in my face. So much for my break... Anyway, I'm running as fast as I can. These “Freaks,” as I call it, are on my tail, and I can't seem to escape. I tripped.

...F**k.

I feel myself hit the hard cement.

“OW! S-s**t...” I manage to say. I look back and see the Freaks getting closer to me. I start to crawl away from them. I won't lie. I'm f*****g terrified right now.

“Get away from me!!” I shout at them. They don't answer; only come closer.

'Typical,' I think to myself. 'They won't listen; I've played enough horror games to know that.'

I continue to move back until my hand makes contact with some metal object. I grab it and look.

A watch...?” I asked no one in particular, unless the Freaks count. I know. Why am I focused on a watch when a huge a*s group of people are trying to kill me? Cut me some slack, alright? This watch it different. Why? It doesn't have numbers. No little spin-thing on the side to correct the time, none of it. It's not even digital. However, there are 2 buttons on the very front of it with very small writing that someone with a magnifying glass could read. The Freaks were getting closer. One even freakin' snapped at me. What the f**k? I was still scared s**t-less. Clutching the “watch” for dear life, I backed into a wall. The Freaks were going to kill me. I swear, my whole life flashed before my eyes. I thought about my home, my friends and family... and my girlfriend. God. I can't even tell her that I-

“H-help...us...”

What the hell...?

I looked straight at the Freak that spoke. It was a woman. A pregnant woman by the looks of it. She asked me for help. Wasn't she supposed to kill me, along with the rest of them? However, as I looked closely at her face, I noticed something.

She's being possessed.”

All of them were. They weren't blood-thirsty zombies like on Dead Island or some s**t like that. Someone, or something, was controlling them. Their minds are still there! But... why can't they break the temptation to kill? Is the person or thing controlling them really THAT powerful? What is-

“GRRRRR!”

Oh, f**k.

One of them was charging RIGHT at me. I panicked. Glancing at the pregnant woman, I rammed my thumb onto one of the buttons of the “watch.”

What happened next, even I couldn't believe.

There was this flash of light, and then nothing. All the Freaks that were right in front of me just...

Disintegrated.

I was panting like a person who was dehydrated of water. I looked at the ground. The only thing that remained of ANY of the Freaks was the shoes they had on their feet, and even those were barely there. At this point, I was hyperventilating. “W-what the f**k is going on?!” I yelled.

“Destroy and Conquer, from the looks of it.”

I slowly turned around to see some Special Ops-looking people surrounding me.

“Excuse me?” I asked. The one who spoke looked dead at me and extended his hand.

“Those 'Freaks' as you call them, are plotting something big here.”

Reaching out to his hand, he pulled me up. “Okay, but why? What's going on? S**t like this only happens in video games!”

The man laughed. “Yeah, you'd think that.”

I stared at him. “Is this a daily thing to you guys, because here, it's like the f*****g end of the world!”

“Mike.”

I blinked. “What?”

“My name.”

“Oh, um... SongHeng.”

“Nice to meet you.”

What the f**k is with the formalities? People are being POSSESSED and we're going back to kindergarden?!

“SongHeng, you said?” I nodded. “We need to let you know some things, but not here. We need to get out of here.”

Mike and his team were already heading towards the van, but I was skeptical.

'How do I know this guy isn't the one behind all this...?'

Mike turned around. “SONGHENG, LET'S GO!”

Slightly startled by his sudden yelling, I decided f**k it and go with them.

'Maybe I can get some answers.'

xIn The Vanx

“So let me get this straight. You guys are known as CORE. You have links all over the globe, and you found information on the Freaks. They're being controlled by the government under strict orders by the President. The Freaks are plotting to turn Six Flags into their “base” for the President so he can conduct more experimentations on innocent lives. All this, so he can control every country, every continent?” I asked.

Mike simply nodded. “That's right.”

I stared at him. Then, I bust out laughing.

“Yeah, right! You have got to be kidding me. But man, that was some great acting out there! Almost s**t my pants.”

No one else was laughing. As my laughing died down, I gave Mike a pat on the shoulder.

“Seriously, man. You're joking, right?”

He was silent. I wasn't buying this.

“Oh, c'mon. You're shitting me. Things like this just do NOT happen in reality.”

Mike sighed. “Look, I don't blame you for being skeptical. But what you're-no. What we're all going through right now is no dream. It's a harsh reality.”

I gave him a nervous laugh.

“Mike, seriously. Please tell me you're joking.”

Again, he was silent.

“...You have got to be f*****g kidding me. This is seriously happening.”

“Look SongHeng,” Mike spoke up. “We know how you feel. But we're the only ones that can do this.”

I was stunned. By 'we,' I hope he meant...

“You mean you all, right?”

“Hah, you're funny. We meant you, too.” Well, I had to ask.

“Why should I do anything? I'm not exactly a part of this,” I replied.

“Well,” Mike started. “You wouldn't be if you never used that watch.”

What?

The watch... When did I put it on?

“I had it the entire time...” I mumbled.

“As soon as you used it, it was bound to you,” Mike explained. “It won't work for anyone else but you.”

“Well, I don't want this job.”

“No choice.”

“But... my loved ones... my girl-”

“Do you want them to die?”

I froze.

What is he saying? If I don't help, he'll kill them? No... if I don't help, they will die regardless. I can prevent their deaths...

“...”

“You saw what the watch did.”

“How could I forget? The 20-something Freaks that surrounded me turned into nothing but specks of particles.”

“That power can be used to save your loved ones.”

Again, he plays that card. I sigh.

“...Alright. I'll help.”

Mike grinned. “Excellent! Then I shall present you with this.”

He handed me a badge.

“This is...?” I asked.

“This is the CORE Membership Badge. It proves that you are an official member of our Organization.

“Huh. I figured I would have to go through some intense training or some test.”

Mike smirked.

“Well, you do. But given the circumstances, that is not an option.”

I gave him a nervous laugh. He patted me on the shoulder.

“Don't worry. We're like one big happy killing family.”

“...Gee. Doesn't that make me feel better.”

I looked around the group. There was around 4 other people in the van with us.

“Um,” I said. “Shouldn't I get to know everyone else?”

Mike blinked, then hit his head.

“Oh, right! Sorry, mannerism is sort of slacking these days.”

“Yeah, I can see that,” I mumbled under my breath.

Mike turned to the side, more in the direction of his- I mean, our comrades.

“This is Chris,” pointing to the scrawny-looking male. He waved. I waved back.

Xavier,” pointing to the buff-looking black dude. Damn. Better not get on his bad side.

Steve,” pointing to a skinny, but toned pale man. He doesn't look that much older than me...

And last but most certainly not least, Jess.” He pointed to a pretty brunette, who looked slightly younger than Mike. Wow... a girl. Never thought one would be in a group like this.

Suddenly, the woman laughed. “I know what you're thinking. Yes, well... My parents were killed in the most recent attack in the city. This is for revenge.”

I blinked. “H-how did you...?”

“She can read minds,” Xavier answered. “Very useful ability, but do be mindful of what you think. It could be your last thought.”

“Yeah,” Chris spoke up. “The last guy had some pretty perverted thoughts about her and ended up being sent to the hospital!”

Steve only nodded.

Well, damn.

“Hey hey hey! She IS my girlfriend after all,” Mike shouted.

I looked from Mike to Jess, then to Mike again.

“You're dating HER? No no no. Better question,” I turned back to Jess. “YOU'RE dating HIM?!”

Jess cracked up. “You're really funny, SongHeng. Yes, well... people fall for the unexpected.”

You can say that again.

She winked at me. Mike coughed.

“Well, now you know everyone. SongHeng.”

I looked at him.

“You sure you want to do this?”

Like I have much of a choice.

“F**k yes.”

Mike grinned, along with everyone else.

“That's the answer I wanted to hear.”

I grinned back.

Who knows what may happen.

“Okay, guys,” Mike began. “The next attack will be at dawn tomorrow. Memorize your positions.”

I may survive.

“Those Freaks won't know what hit 'em!” Chris shouted in excitement, giving Steve a high-five.

Or I may die.

“Hell yeah. We're taking back our city,” Xavier said calmly, but with a hint of thrill in his voice.

But no matter what happens...

“Along with the rest of the world!” Jess exclaimed, throwing a fist in the air.

I swear...

“Right!” I yelled, feeling the adrenaline rush take over.

Right here...

“Everyone, hands in!” Mike yelled, the obvious confidence-boost in everyone kicking in.

Right now...

We put our fists together in one circle. In one loud yell, we all screamed,

“CORE!”

I will protect everyone.

© 2011 Jiyuu


Author's Note

Jiyuu
*The description say most of it* This was a request by my "big brother." He asked me to write a story about a dream he had. With the little information he gave me, I came up with this. SongHeng, this is dedicated to you. <3 c:

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on October 1, 2011
Last Updated on October 1, 2011