The Ballad of Naked Jamie

The Ballad of Naked Jamie

A Poem by Shawna Lea
"

This is a poem that came out of a joke between my best friend and I.

"

 

She comes from my past, our friendship will always last.
She moved many miles away, her memory finds me prey.
She floats from dream to dream, her creamy skin seems to gleam.
No matter how normal or obscene, Jamie’s nudity is always to be seen.

© 2008 Shawna Lea


Author's Note

Shawna Lea
So, I should explain a little here. This is a joke between my best friend Jamie and I. A few months back, I had this crazy dream. Everywhere I went in the dream, Jamie would end up walking by totally naked. It was no big deal in the dream, no one was phased by it. So, we were joking around and she told me I should write about the dream... use it as inspiration... so I did. :)

You would have to know us and understand our 10 year friendship to truely get the humor. but think a nice poem came out of it. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i have no naked women in my dreams. instead, i have british and canadian politicians.

*sighs*

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I liked it, a little short but thats usually a good thing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

who's jamie? sorry. =) nice work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Uhh...all right then. Very interesting tribute...if that's what you could call it...

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

My honey and I were talking last night about how confident Jamie are and how impressive that is. So it wouldn't surprise me if she did do that. (referencing to Jamie's comment)



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LMAO! You kill me! Maybe I should give the readers a little insight into where this came from?

Shawna, here, had a dream where she was living her life, day to day, but for some reason I kept walking through each scene completely naked like it was the most natural thing in the world. You'd probably have to know us and our friendship of 10 years to fully get it but it's hilarious nonetheless.

Shawna, it is an honor and privilege to haunt your dreams naked.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I wanna meet jamie lol...



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 27, 2008
Last Updated on February 28, 2008

Author

Shawna Lea
Shawna Lea

Laveen, AZ



About
Shawna didn't know what to write about herself so she asked me to do this for her. I have been friends with Shawna for about ten years now and the one thing I can tell you is that she is the most ran.. more..

Writing