unnamed

unnamed

A Poem by John Cuttito

 

Existence shares no commonalities with time who cares if something is this or that if you live outside of me even the wind upon my face is bereft of meaning I have seen your shape at dawn and declared it pleasing so that nothing in between will satisfy so too has everything been made electric by your gaze when you look away I will become as the void has deep and infinite in its longing and denial wishing to believe that nothing had come before love shower me with your endlessness and I will write you into being the stars of the night your burning eyes the true blue sky your smile the vastness of the oceans in your laughter love then this the hardest addiction to break all else be shattered this bowl divided upon the floor and I could still remain whole if only in some small trace of memory what is time but a bittersweet remembrance of this having been that I tell you again it as though everything were nothing I was as the earth’s clay before having known you I was sadness the caged hours of day empty longing and formless passion pureness of energy unfocused unresolved therefore inconsequential please create me not wishing to be made of earth instead mirrored on an eyes image mold this shallow heart and this complete and whole. Enough of this. Longing has made this soul a shell. “Words got me the wound and will make me well again.”_this morning in a dream I saw you all again and we wandered through the fields as if it were Elysium in the far distance we saw the fangs and claws of a polar bear attacking what looked like a jaguar as I stood on a rock watching it the polar bear started charging at me It had huge yellow teeth and right as it was about to clamp down on my head I stared into the darkness of oblivion I awoke still in jail barely stifling a scream_ please come into me beyond the gate of wakefulness I will hold you in dreams dominion if I can have you nowhere else I will take the fires kiss though it is destructions wish burn it all away so that you may keep what little is left that part is you anyway fade this heavy night and forgotten star darkened and disappearing ink blackened and punched through by day smeared midnight and passed the road eyes lidded with drunkenness half shut and screaming into the wilderness without you day is night divided into four equal parts with fingers on steel patterns in breath on glass hands without touch eyes without sight lips without words death without living imagine then the night with no moon the day with no sun this cold fire and dried riverbed the lonely house once filled. In those days you called my name to the tide never doubting its return I always arrived with the stars and filling your arms you held my heart even as it bled truly the best parts of me had stayed there in your gentle clutch even long after I tried to take them back doesn’t matter they do me no good without her_ I miss your smile your breathing at dawn as we lay in my bed wishing back the dark night as if time were a matter to be resolved instead of something that had taken us unwilling rushing headlong and screaming into its jaws of oblivion my heart breaks upon the edge of this cold night it is empty and alone where once you were I thirst for you where once I took you in with long deep swallows I am as the desert is desolate and haunting in its magnitude dangerous in its aching solitude bitter cold in shallow substitution of self_ over and over I dream you into existence each part of you more beautiful than the last your eyes deep pools the mirrors of the night your hair the golden dangerous kiss of the sun your lips heavy wet and begging the soft curves of your body fire waiting to be held over and over I I dream you into existence the rise and fall of your breasts as you breathe into me the smooth slope of your neck beneath my mouth the taste of you as you come into me all burning flesh flushed with desire_ the desert whispered to the mountain at dawn the coldest of its hours thank you for standing watch when all else was lost in darkness so powerful that even stars could not shine the mountain replied “it is the story of my creation and even when you are gone still I will stand forever until even time is a memory and your sands are as dust”

© 2009 John Cuttito


Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hi John -- been awhile

Sorry, couldn't read this -- couldn't get past the format.

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow.this evoked so much emotion in me. I am not sure how to give you any criticism that would be helpful. Just so happy to be reading your work.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 3, 2009

Author

John Cuttito
John Cuttito

Buffalo, NY



About
For the past 11 years of my 24 year old life i have been a practicing poet, that's not to say i wasn't a poet before that, i just didnt write it down. Like most people i am both confused and enlighte.. more..

Writing
Stark. Stark.

A Poem by John Cuttito


" " " "

A Poem by John Cuttito