I AM the Speedway

I AM the Speedway

A Story by John Doeadeer (Pen name)
"

My essay in relation to my life. I don't look like a racecar though..

"

 

I can hereby compare myself to a racecar. Specifically speaking, they’re the stock cars you see in NASCAR especially Daytona 500. I could compare myself in such a way, generally speaking, that I am ready to race until the lap ends.
That’s because I believe that we’re all in the “Daytona 500” (the greatest NASCAR Race) of our lives and we’re all riding our own racecars in a tremendously twisty “Daytona International Speedway” (the racetrack where Daytona 500 happens) of the world.
You know how NASCAR races go – on your mark, follow the pace car, and once the cars get hang of it, and as soon as they see the green flag, as well as hearing the your pit commander say “Go! Go! GO!” will put you on the race. The racecars are ready to burnout white smoke just to go first in the pack. Everybody wants to lead the race just like me—I’ll do everything clean just to get on top. Of course everybody wants to be on the top of their lives, just like a racecar.
As I mentioned earlier, I am ready to do everything clean to get on top. However sometimes, my racecar and others’ clash on the sides and turn 720 degrees (that’s 360 times two!) and finally find ourselves jammed up with each other on the grass—and sometimes I find my car alone in the grass. Sometimes if my car’s got fuel I’ll go myself to the pit stop. But most of the time I could find my oil leaking and thus in need to radio the tow truck to come in and pull me. That’s the very same in life: We all sometimes accidentally crash into other people’s path, and sometimes we cause them a lot of trouble. However, there are times that we alone are suffering our consequences. And in that time, our “pit stop”—friends, barkada, parents, and anyone who could help us—is always ready to take us in and repair us. Thank God we have these people as valuable stops whenever we need them.
Sometimes, NASCAR drivers need to study drafting, the nose-to-tail team-up of cars that allow them to go faster. That way they could reduce air resistance and thus speed their pack up along the road. This is very valuable when restrictor plates are in use. To correspond, I need to team up with others to get my goal faster and with more yielding results. I am not using other people to attain my goals, but I am teaming up with other guys who would want to do the same thing as mine. As they say, “Two heads are better than one (So better get another head).”
I also could accept the fact that NASCAR Stock Cars are very sensitive. When my car’s on the yellow bottom line, I have to keep my eyes peeled for other cars; if they’ll just give me one small sideswipe, the act will toss my car far away to the grass, and I have to call the tow truck again. Like in life, we have to be cautious in our decisions. There are times that when we get things all wrong, we have just lost a lap from others, and we realize it’s really hard to catch up.
Finally, the speedway’s got walls. We have the capacity to crash on it, and thank God if we do. I think it represents the fact that God would only give problems that our solvable for us. And it goes to show that after every crash, “the ‘race’ must go on.”

© 2009 John Doeadeer (Pen name)


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on November 30, 2009
Last Updated on November 30, 2009

Author

John Doeadeer (Pen name)
John Doeadeer (Pen name)

Manila, Philippines



About
I am John Doeadeer, and I'm using this to hide my identity as writers often do, as our literary world is full of danger... I am a huge fan of the classics of Shakespeare, Lord Tennyson, Hawthorne, .. more..

Writing