GateKeeper

GateKeeper

A Book by John
"

Kalder Suran is to be executed for betraying the Gatekeepers caste, he relives the events that lead up to his death and the reasoning behind his betrayal.

"

© 2017 John


Author's Note

John
About the writing in general, what do you think of the opening, what do you think of the dialogue

My Review

Would you like to review this Book?
Login | Register




Reviews

There are all kinds of interesting things you bring up. The "casteless" idea is interesting. Is it analogous to the idea of castes or social classes in ancient Indian communities? Also, is the main character a male or female? Where is the story actually taking place? Is it set in a mythological fantasy world or is it meant to exist somewhere in the real world.

I think you did a good job portraying the aggressive arrogant behavior of the guard. You provided interesting facial characteristics for the man (Harrison) currently in prison with Kalder.

I think that the image you were striving to conjure up was that of a prisoner with an interesting backstory but with an inevitable death sentence. I'm sure you already have some ideas of what that backstory could be. There are many sources of inspiration for progressing the story. In particular, this piece brings to mind the death of Socrates or Galileo Galilei and the idea of a "righteous" criminal who stood against the evils of his time.

But, of course, there are many other ways of approaching this. Aside from some grammatical errors, it looks like a good start. The joke, "I killed 30 guards with an apple," was a bit strange and almost comical.

Also, if you have the time, take a look at the story I recently posted. I'm new to Writer's Cafe and could use some feedback on my writing.



Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 17, 2017
Last Updated on February 17, 2017
Tags: Fantasy, other world, dark, monsters

Author

John
John

Writing
Chaper 1 (Update) Chaper 1 (Update)

A Chapter by John