Mother Earth

Mother Earth

A Story by Jay

 Look out your window and what do you see? The hate and spite of the world around you. Do you see tranquility of man, or do you see the asphalt jungle man has created out of greed. The more you destroy, the more you are applauded for your good deeds to man. But what good deed goes unpunished? Will you see the grass trying to grow through the road you thought would improve the life of man, or will you simply overlook the flaws of what you have created? Can you ever truly see the flaws if you do not want them to exist, or is it the hate of the flaws that lets you see them? Even the simplicity placing something where it should not be can flaw the already destroyed world. The people that destroyed it should be murdered. What was wrong with the dirt and grass you were raised on? Was it the memory of the childhood you lost so many years ago that pushed you to further injure our dying world? Only you can know why, but what do you have to explain? You are the one receiving the standing ovation while everyone else has to clap for you.

© 2011 Jay


Author's Note

Jay
this is a little older but I feel like I have been posting too many poems lately. Enjoy and tell me what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I don't know if I should bother even writing reviews when all I talk about is how much I love all your writing. (:

And for an actual review of the piece, it's an amazing write. Also, is it about someone who I think it's about?

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 27, 2011
Last Updated on February 27, 2011

Author

Jay
Jay

Uniontown, PA



About
I am a writer... no different from you but I have talent. Of course I'm kidding. A lot of people have a lot more talent than I do. Of course, when I first wrote that I assumed that people would kn.. more..

Writing
Masked Aura Masked Aura

A Poem by Jay


Forbidden Love Forbidden Love

A Poem by Jay


Regret Regret

A Poem by Jay