Sleepers

Sleepers

A Story by Q.
"

Part One

"
The barrel sat cold and sharp between my eyes. The lovely Sophia that I met earlier that evening wore a smile that any angel would kill �" or die for. Faint traces of alcohol lingered in the room and smoke from cigarette buds danced quietly in the air, bringing a presence as seductive and deadly as Sophia did. Reaching down her breasts, she pulled another cigarette out and lit it.

“Damien, it’s a shame that things had to end this way. Forgive me but you do understand that there’s an order to everything we do in life. You, me, or nobody is above the Order. After all it was Him who graciously put everything to plan.” Sophia blew a cloud of smoke at my face. I gladly smiled through the haze of clouds and leaned in to kiss her with passion than can make any woman jealous.

“Darling, kill me now. Believe me, give me another chance to get this close to you and I can help you forget all the little things that keep you awake at night.” The alcohol coming from my breath was so strong that I can see her getting intoxicated. “After all, I’m much like the blood that runs in your veins. You can’t get rid of me my love, I’m the poison that keeps you alive. The excitement you risk everything for. Killing me won’t do you any good because, like it or not, I’m the reason you kept yourself breathing.”

It was I who found Sophia after she was cast out and despite the criticism I received from the family, I welcomed her with open arms. We lived for one another, swallowed every demon that we hid from each other, and for a split second in history, we were perfect. Love and lust in perfect harmony.  Good and bad balanced on the edge of the dreams people died for.

“Stop.” Sophia pushed my head back with the handgun she summoned out of nowhere earlier. Slowly, she pulled the hammer back. “I saw you for the real person you are. I am nothing like you. I believed every lie you fed me. Manipulated and fueled behind your own desire. Yes I was blinded but unlike you I seek salvation, I seek peace. You. You don’t deserve to live.” With fire in her eyes, she slowly squeezed the trigger.

“Nihil aliud quam umbra sumus.” I whispered.

Sophia grabbed me by the throat stared at me with those cold blue eyes that I lusted for countless years. Keep her busy brother, we’re almost at the entrance.. A voice whispered in my head.

“I am nothing like you.” With a tear in her eyes, she slowly squeezed the life out of me.
“My dear Sophia,” I said between each excited breath I took. “Were you always this lovely? You’re mouth whispers for me to disappear but your eyes are screaming for lust. You know that they say darling, ‘temptation is fun but giving in is better.” Are you certain you want to do this to her brother? She could be so much of use to us.

I nodded.


“Shame. I actually felt something for you.” I spat back at her.

With eyes wide open, Sophia looked down to see a dagger protruding from her chest. She jerked back, squirmed from a heat that only she can feel. As the sun slowly kissed the night away, a wailing like no other woke the silent streets of San Francisco.


The three of us stood over the life-less body of Sophia Grigori. Moloch pulled the dagger and wiped it clean with dress she wore. How he entered the room silently was beyond my understanding, but the swiftness he had with the blade was always a sight to behold. Lilith undressed Sophia and laid her naked crimson body on the hotel bed. Moloch untied my hands and feet so quickly that my blood rushed too quickly to my head.

“What did we gain from this? She was one of us, rebellious as she may have been, we still could’ve converted her.” Lilith asked.


I lit a cigarette and stood by the hotel window overlooking the Tenderloin district. Homeless people slowly woke to the cold morning while tourists gradually moved from their hotels to the local eateries. Business men rushed to their offices while cars sped through red lights. Every corner the eye can see showcased the lives of men and women reassured by a lie they brought upon each other. None of them can be saved from themselves; let alone eternal salvation. So much life but so much lost souls.

“You will lose this war.” Sophia managed to cough out. The woman is stronger that I thought..

 Her eyes followed me as I moved by her side, only to see me raise the gun she had. “He will destroy you and your kind once and for all. The Beast shall no longer walk the Earth.”

I pointed the barrel straight to her temple and rolled my sleeves to my elbows to reveal the Mark that generation after generation feared. Her eyes grew wide with bewilderment.

“You’re --


“Tell Him that unlike you and the rest of your kind, we are kings. Rulers of this world. Slave to no one and will reap everything our heart desired with no fear of consequences. Send my regards for me.”

With sorrow in her voice, she knew that she too have been damned for aiding me.

Lucifer.. She whispered as the bullet finally took the last remaining life she had as an angel.

© 2014 Q.


Author's Note

Q.
First draft of a series I plan to do. Any feed back to help with grammar or sentence structure or anything in general that you believe will help the flow of the story, please jot it down.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
Added on September 19, 2014
Last Updated on September 19, 2014
Tags: story, short, love, depression, adventure, hope, angel

Author

Q.
Q.

San Diego, CA



About
Hey guys! Thank you for taking the time to visit my page! Read, enjoy, and leave any comments in any of work. I value any criticism! OH! Please don't forget to give credit if any of my work .. more..

Writing
Holly Holly

A Story by Q.


Savior Savior

A Story by Q.