Escape to Party

Escape to Party

A Story by John L
"

Turnips escape from the garden.

"

 

 

 

Escape to party

The turnip, at the north end of the garden, was in a state of confusion.  Turnip thought to himself, “I’m clever enough to figure out how to do this.” He knew first they needed to escape and hide from the mean giant, then they would join the short giants and party all night.
 
He remembered 12 days ago on the still freezing early morning. He awoke to see his friends, with their leaves wet and pointing up to the sky. Then morning sun warmed them up. They were a happy little community.  Leaves waved at each other.  Each day they grew a little taller. Leaves getting longer.  Almost growing out of the ground.  At first, they were contented to wave at each other.
 
Then one day, as the sun went down, a group of short giants appeared. They came to the concrete beside the garden. The turned on lights, played music, and danced late into the night. They were friendly and happy. Turnip and his friends wanted this. They wanted to learn the Electric Slide and dance all night, just like the short giants.

One morning horror of horrors happen. The mean giant came and pulled some of them out. Put them in a basket and kidnapped them. Well this could not be permitted to continue.

They discussed it. They decided someday they would grow out of the ground. And on that day they would escape the mean giant, hide under the elm tree all day and then join the party as the sun went down. They counted the days up to today.  The next party was tomorrow. So tonight was the escape night.
.
But they had a problem. They were stuck in the ground. They pondered how to get unstuck. Then the miracle of miracles happened. The cat came into the garden and started to dig up three of them.  The three growled and scared off the cat. Then, using their leaves on the ground, pulled themselves up. Each went around the community and pulled up all the others.  Then everyone crawled to the elm tree, hid under the tall grass, and went to sleep.

At sunrise, like always, the mean giant appeared with the basket. Walked around the garden. Kept looking here and there. It was tense, since by looking north of the garden farther, the giant might see them. They all stayed very still not knowing what to do.  The cat entered the garden and inched toward the mean giant. The cat saw the turnips were not there and stopped. The mean giant threw the basket at the cat. It bounced off and scared the cat out of the garden. The giant picked up the basket and stomped off after the cat.

Boy they were relieved. Now all they needed to do is to lay in the cool shade all day and wait for the party. The sun went down and sure enough the short giants appeared and turned on the music. So Turnip and his friends crawled to the edge of the grass and onto the concrete. Made their line and danced to the Electric Slide. Then they got the beat and danced until the lights turned out. They were worn out.  So they crawled under the grass and slept happily into the night.

 

 

 

© 2013 John L


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, that's a nice, happy story. I hope the turnips didn't wilt.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
1 Review
Added on November 24, 2013
Last Updated on November 24, 2013
Tags: turnips "Electric Slide" dance g