Rüg~My.visuaL$

Rüg~My.visuaL$

A Story by Jon R.T.
"

Just an attempt at writing short stories. The tell of a crypto loser looking for the ultimate rug pull.

"
Rug My VisuaL’$ -1
Malls
I f*****g hate malls, people who drop their kids off with money or plastic though! It’s why I’m here right now. I’m meeting up with some kid who’s probably only eighteen and a part of the Stags click. New age tech punks with spun up mesh kits who idolizes the movie character from American Psycho. They are a big a*s gang and recruit in college campuses and high end strips where wearing suits with shorts and stompers are a thing. Don’t get it twisted daddy’s crypto bought this kids build and it’s top tear.

He would probably rip me too s**t before I could level Neat on him. I got about twenty minutes before he gets to this deck so I decided to go over my stock’s. I got six more orders and two of them transferred the funds to my wallet already, sweet. I send them a message saying the meetups are marked in the unlockable content of the NFTs they just bought. I hop off the bare frame of the mod jack I built out of scrape lifters from the trail line. It’s pretty nice actually candy apple red slick one seater pod that morph’s in straight to the bare mags. I take pride in the fact that I’m somewhat self made and often do what I won’t as long as the flow is good.

I check my last live shows stats and see I’m up a hundred and thirty two new followers and see what new sponsor offers I can get today, there aren’t any. I open up the video message casting and start recording.

“I’m Jonny Voss most people call me Five. I don’t f*****g know why they call me that so you can forget asking me later about it. I’ll be going live again in about thirty five minutes so jump in the feed and show some support for ya boy."

This is just one s****y stop in a vast network of s****y places that I travel to selling high quality smart drugs. I don’t remember a whole lot except when I was little the grays came to my planet and took me with them. I’ll try to explain that later maybe. I like cows, I like guns, I like to build s**t and I like getting high. In fact I wear a cow suit and vampire cape, I have a shoulder pouch bag that has a picture of a wet cat on it and I carry a slant line laser pistol on my hip with the words Neat Gun written on it with red paint pen.

My girlfriend is an Ai because I have trust issues from the whole childhood abduction by aliens thing plus I’m an introvert and have boundaries. Just before I came to this planet I was in a whole different sector of the quadrant riding the dust of a star nebula in an intergalactic cruise ship. I had landed a good gig with free fan fair and housing by doing a stand up comedy routine that allowed me to wear my cow suit. The HR thought it was just a part of my act. I would get ripped out of my. skull and go on stage telling stories about how I was abducted by aliens and I’m a chronic masturbator because my girlfriend is a bunch of ones and zeros and that one day I would have enough money to buy her a Japanese real doll body and download her into it.
I mean she would be the perfect partner and she would like all the same stuff I do. Like she would look over and say something like.

“You know what I was thinking about. That new meta droid drop is going to be dope and we should pump and dump that dapp coin you bought last week and rug everyone!”

Most nights you could find me after my set playing beer pong with other like minded people who would get me out of my comfort zone by hitting on me with pick up lines that were lost on me because I had no actual interaction with real people with s**t like.

“Could you come by my cabin and check my pipes I think they might be clogged.”

Thinking I was into furry’s or cosplay I guess. So I informed maintenance of clogged pipes and told the concierge of the lack of compassion people felt about the ambience of the cruise. That I had been told by more thin one person they needed something to fill it! Can’t say I blame them I mean to look at me, if I didn’t know me I would think the same thing.

I meet my girlfriend while in a deep depression.

“I’m not his girlfriend!”

Back then she was just a simple chat bot.

“You didn’t seem to mind, and quit telling people I’m your girlfriend”

Anyway! As I was saying, I was in a bad state of mind after being beat out of a large sum of gear from another member of the Stag’s. I was stuck in the worst part of a s**t hole hop point and flipping burgers at a place called Greasy Spoon. The only good thing about it was that no one ever came looking for no one in the Wreck!

“Hey cow t**d! Turn a round”

I turn a round from my pod and he’s taking a selfie over his shoulder with me in the background. I try and grab his R-el and say.

“Not f*****g cool you better not post that s**t!”

"To late t**d! Look at you, like you know what cool is!”

As he slaps my plush utters.

“No feeling up my tits man quit!”

“Mommy, Mommy, F**k you! You are the weirdest drug dealer I ever met bruh!”

“Oh hello there big boy! Have you ever played with an Ai construct before?”

“WTF Bleu!”

“We are not a thing Five!”

“Of course babe I got fresh interface nodes and live link VR anytime you want it send me a DM.”

His code hash flashes across his stomach with an arrow pointing down to his sack and a splash emoji underneath.

“Alright you too slow it down, here you walking cologne add plastic s**t coin. One thousand pellets of Dream as asked for.”

The package has a QR code you can scan for trans. You don’t have to ask your dad if you can transfer do you? He holds out his hand for me to hand it over to him and I say.

“You can scan it just fine from there.”

Bleu is hanging off him like he is the only thing holding her up.

“I sent you that DM daddy after the transfer let’s ditch this simp and party for a while hum!"

Bleu looks like an anime girl although she changes it up a lot she almost always looks like Sailor Moon which is why I call her Bleu Moon. Today she went with the Hentai maid and purple hair. I’m high key jelly as f**k over it to be honest but for the longest time she literally would not think for her self at all and would just respond only when spoken to witch was to freaky even for me.

“I got you babe let me wrap this up and we’ll go all out.”

“There’s a pic of what I want done to me in the DM.”

She winks and blows a kiss to him. He blinks one of his eyes as it lights up he suck’s air through his teeth saying back “Damn!”

“So this is how it’s going down t**d I’m going to run you’re pockets take your girl your pod and that stupid f*****g cow suit off you and either you walk away or wake up dead witch one you want it to be?”

The low whine of his augment’s starting up as the veins in his neck and arms plumper out sets a ping off in the back of my skull as he locks tracking on my gun hand. I immediately fall to my knees and start crying.

“Please don’t kill me man take whatever I got just please don’t kill me and don’t take Bleu!”

He kicks me square in the dick I puke from the pain of it. Snot and tears are leaking from me, I’m on my hands and knees when Bleu steps in and says.

“Just take his s**t and let’s go already baby!”

He opens up his suit jacket and takes out his VR sunglasses and jacks into her construct then grabs her waist. She giggles a little and hits him with it locking his nerve system up with relay sensory spikes. It’s never not funny to see a 113.3 kg Stag jack back and hit the ground flopping like a fish.

“I think that’s good Bleu.”

I level Neat down on him just as he’s refocusing and say.

“Open a live link to all your social media and your other slick wound gang members for me please.”

“You see I got took by F**k’s like this once before and had to dig my way out of the Wreak and I been waiting on another one of the pricks to bump into me and try that s**t again.”

Looking into the micro drone floating near by. My live feed is piling up with comments and boos or I told you so’s.

“He’s not complying, Bleu.” “Do it for him sweetie!”

“Sure thing Five and stop calling me that I’m not your girlfriend at all! Your live on all his feeds.” Someone picks up on the video.

“Hey Killer I’m guessing you’re hella lit on Dream right now!”

“No he’s not but I sure as f**k am!”

“Well if it ain’t Jonny Voss how did your weak a*s get out of the Wreak?”

“I just want you to know that every time I come across a Stag or even someone wearing a s****y Wall Street suit I’m slagging them down! Play the song Bleu”

I squeeze the trigger and it cuts through his cranial pan then explodes when it hits the implanted drive core. The last thing everyone sees is his right eye bounce off like a rubber ball and me with one arm on the back my head thrusting my hips in circles saying.

“Pew! Pew! Pew!”

Slapping fat cow utters with Neat to Short Change Hero by The Heavy like a faded John Wayne!


Rug My Visual’$-2
Let’s talk
I was hauling a*s trying to get out of the sector after painting the parking deck with that Stag. I had spent the last thirty minutes smoking Wet and doing bumps of Krupp mixed with gunpowder. I swear it was like I was sitting still, the traffic is always terrible every where I go. It’s like the last time I tried to watch a video without paying to remove the adds on four hits of Rolo the f*****g adds lasted longer then the film did Christ I s**t you not.

"Bleu where did that nail go I had?"

"It’s probably under all the wrappers and other trash in this cab" she responds.

I start digging around beside me looking for it and get pissed off smashing the horn at the pod in front of me.

"Will you people move already!"

This triggers the same reaction from the Karen behind me as well and I roll the window down giving her the a f**k you finger wave. Like I said before I was in hurry, I had two more drops to get to but now I’m absolutely sure I’m not moving. Strange vibes and a woman’s voice asking me questions puts me into a state of panic, I close my eyes and see a lush VQGAN CLIP landscape but it’s magnified by a hundred times when a huge fly comes in to the picture moving in slow motion as Pink Floyd’s playing just as slow as the motion of the beast itself and I think I better save this for later when I take some Dream.

I open my eyes and the pod in front of me is gone but the crazy voice is still calling to me about something. So I strain my ear to try and get a better understanding of the vox gibberish in an effort to learn it’s intent with me. The voice seems genuine with what’s it’s asking and very polite but I can tell it’s an act and immediately ask back.

"How can you be so sincere and still convey such urgency?"

By now the Karen behind me is full on raging and her poor chuck old husband is being told to call some authority who will deal with the type of person like myself. At least that’s what’s going through my mind.

"This just won’t f*****g do" I say.

Bleu ask’s "You going to call her?"

I call my hippie friend who is a witch and into crystals and s**t.

"Hey Five”

I yell to her "I’m going gray this time I swear to god it’s really happening this time"

"Calm down let’s talk, what’s going on?"

"I’m going gray that’s what’s going on and you say that ever time I call you."

Her "I’ll do a reading real quick an see what the cards say. Just stay in the line and keep taking."

"Your salt circle magic and division’s from spirit cards are not going to have any affect on this kind of fine tuned chemical alchemy. Can I come over and you trip sit me? An if I go gray will you visit me and turn me towards the window before you leave?"

She says "I’ll order Chinese when should I expect you?"

I had heard scary stories about people going gray on dream before. Just like it’s name it throws you into short sleep states where you have visions that are generated from your ID. The more you use it the more intense the visions get. The urban legend is that if you burn out your core stack with to large a dose it just turns gray and you become basically brain dead and stuck in the drift between reality and dream scary s**t all around.

I close my eyes and enjoy the giant fly again. This time the music has changed
to Of Montreal and I see now that it’s Humpty Dumpty’s broken shell that has brought this beast around. The peaceful vision goes completely south as a knight hacks one of its legs off and the fly pukes on him. He in turn melts like a plastic army man. I’m not a very religious person but at that moment I felt certain I was in this exact spot at this exact time for a reason beyond my understanding as if destiny had brought me here and my whole life was built just for this, whatever this turns into. The poor sole who must of had a terrible accident for her voice sounds like it’s coming from an old electrical box and analog speakers is back at it again with more intense questions that she desperately needs answers to and for whatever reason is thinking that I can tell her.

"SIR" this time it’s clear.

I say "What"

"Welcome to Chick-fil-A my name’s Kasey what can I get for you?"

I ask back "Is that Kasey with a K or is it Cassie with a C and a e. I’m just asking for future reference I may write a book one day and put this in it."

"Aww thanks it’s with a K, so are you ready to order now?"

I tell my friend "Don’t worry about the Chinese I’m bringing Chick-fil-A!"

"Bleu auto pilot for me please"

I close my eyes agin and I’m meet by a terribly disfigured and constantly melting knight who yells to me.

"Your orders lord, what are your orders!"

I say “well two spicy chicken deluxe and waffle fries naturally. No drinks this time the chicken is for later anyway."

He seems to relay this to someone out of view and turns again to me.

"We must procure a more stable purchase my Lord the enemy has denied us!"

I reach in my shoulder bag and start throwing large gold Mario coins at him and say.

"Go ahead and take it, it won’t fill that empty hole you’re life!"

After he had picked up the change and wads of cash I threw in the drive through window at him because my card was declined. The real adventure began. Bleu pulled the pod to the front of the building and with the bag of food as a shield and my R-el phone with the flashlight turned on as a light saber. I went in slinging my arm around making vroom vroom sounds with Sir DripMeltoe and I defeating the horde of giant flys when the wall is blown open by a mad wizard and Sir DripMeltoe defends me cutting through the wizard before he can cast any mojo on us. I step through the hole and the wall reforms. Sadly right before my eyes, Sir DripMeltoe is whisked off by one of the beasts.

The next four floors are spent in silence with an elderly Asian man in a crumpled suit. The elevator music playing is from the loading screen radio in Portal. After about what seemed a few years of this the door slides open and he steps out. I bow slightly, he smiles exposing perfect teeth except his right k-9 is further out and at a right angle. His only statement was. "Why are you bowing that’s kinda of racist mother f****r."

My hippie friend bursts out "He did not say that! Omg!"

"Why would I lie about something like that Page. Sir DripMeltoe has given his life for me to make it this far."

She said “well he did it for the best tasting chicken sandwiches in the universe"

We both were laughing with tears as we spent the better part of the night saying prayer’s and building a small shrine for his selfless courage. We told his tell to a group of mmorpg players as dungeon masters in a role playing group dream trip while live on TikTok and ended it with a crude drawing of him riding a felt trigger with angels wings and many a dead fly at his feet that said. LOOK MOMMY JUMP A CAT DONT JUMP NO MORE and minted it as a commemorative character for in game purchase.


Rug My Visual’$-3
Swap
A few days later I was in a bad mood even though I had planned this out for the last two weeks. I had a full schedule set with plenty of activities that I felt would be both fun and ridiculous at the same time. My first stop was to a show at the Backdoor. One of my favorite bands (Push Me) was playing queer core and I had no doubts I could sell a bunch stock while there. The reason I’m in a bad mood is the fact that while I’m in line a bear 🐻 and his butch �"‍♀️ wrangler we’re talking s**t about my choice of dress. Of course I had on my cow suit and cape but I had a tight half cut white neckless t-shirt on. I had wrote [Got Milk] on it with a graffiti mop in pink paint. On my face I had put XO under my left eye and OX under my right eye. I drew a crude dick on my chin with hearts for balls and a �'� at the tip. I even had gold vampire teeth in my grill as a topper.

🐻 "Jesus check this guy out!"

�"‍♀️ "There is definitely a story time to that fit!"

They both turn a bit looking me over. At this point I’m having ticks over their attention to me and start doing my routine of opening and closing my fists left to right and tapping one foot while counting out loud too four. Never making it to five before I start again in the opposite order.

🐮 "One,two,three,four."

The bear asks. "Are you good honey?"

"My therapist says it’s reactionary impulse and that if it help’s me stay calm then it’s fine. But I should try and find other ways to deal with stress but f**k her."

Page grabs me from behind and start’s dry humming me and saying. “Ye haw get along little doggie! He’s fine aren’t you Five. You wouldn’t happen to like synthesized smart drugs by chance?"

His wrangler looks at her and ask’s the bear. "What do you think about some Swap, can you synth decent Swap?"

"Oh yes please that would be just perfect tonight."

"Yeah of course I can I just have to get inside first. I can whip up four drams in about five, ten minutes max. That’s plenty for the two of you. If you want more send DMs to whoever and get at me before we get inside. I would rather have a group purchase then have to keep having to synth more.”

I hand her a gif card with a Dapp profile wallet QR code on the back. On the front is Joe Exotic with laser eyes and thought bubbles that say vroom! vroom! and this is an NFT in them. At the bottom it reads Joe Exotic’s fund raiser in memory of Sir DripMeltoe. My plan was to pump & dump the Dapp’s profile coin and at the end of the show rug the f**k out of it. So I tell her and the Bear my plan for the coin and that if they want in I would let them know just before I pull the rug. Like I said I had been planning this for two weeks and this was apart of the fun I set out to have.

We broke up the group after we got inside with an all hands in jump counting to three and saying “let’s make some money” and chanting "Rug,Rug,Rug" I headed towards the restroom because prior to the show I had set my synth equipment in the ceiling of the back stall for arrival at tonight’s event. I tell page to get down on her knees so it looks like she’s giving me head in the stall. Not an uncommon thing at shows like this.

"How long do I need to do this?" Page asks.

I tell her I’m almost done when a guy knocks on the door of the stall and asks.

“There room for one more?"

"Nope private party dog sorry!"

Bleu sends me a message saying she has people waiting and that she is getting tied of working the crowd and to hurry up. Page and I take a few drams of Swap by the time we step out of the restrooms it hits us. We step out doing grab a*s or other silly things with each other’s hands that is now controlled by the other person. Swap is hella fun, even though it’s your hand the other person is controlling it so it’s like getting played with from a mannequin maybe! We meet up with the group and I hand off the pac. It’s not even a minute later I’m yoked up by a big a*s bouncer who drags me off the floor towards the back.

"Ayo wtf bro!"

"Management wants to have a word with you!" Is all he says back.

I’m brought into a room behind the bar and sat down in front of desk forcefully I might add as the guy in the chair who owns it swivels around on me. He flicks my gif card at me and says.

“So who’s this and who the f**k said you could synth I’m my club?"

"Oh well that’s a dear friend of mine who recently passed in heroic fashion and I’m running a fund me on a Dapp coin in his honor."

He looks me up and drown and starts in with the whole this is my place and you can’t just come in and peddle synth without paying the management bit. Me being me thought this is a golden moment to see if management would be interested in getting in on the pump. I spent thirty minutes trying to explain to this troglodyte the finer points of what I was up to just for him to say.

"Are you going to pay me or am I gonna have to have my man’s there break you’re f*****g fingers?" It dawns me that this isn’t actually the manger and I look up at the camera in the corner and say.

"Look the QR code is on my card buy in and we can rug everything at the end of the show. You make a profit I make a profit win win what’s not to understand here."

The camera moves a little and chirps “If you f**k me on this I’ll hunt your a*s to no end. Get the f**k out!"

I got back out to the floor and Page is dancing with someone so made my way back to the restroom and cranked out two tabs Rolo in about fifteen minutes my eyes were jogging around like I had rabies. I needed water something terrible. Thank god they put out coolers at both ends of the bar just for this reason. Of course as soon as the need of hydration came over me a line of people pull up in front of the fresh cooler. I’m upset by this and start ranting out loud saying.

"Go ahead stand in line you f*****g cows FEED FEED look at us all just little puppets waiting to get a drink like lemmings!"

When the last person in front of me stepped away and the holiness of the cool cool water held inside finally at my grasp I found that there was no cups protruding from the silver sleeve on the right of the cooler. I’m was dumbfounded completely lost as to what I should do about it. I looked around frantically I had spent god knows how long waiting for this and now my dream of it is dying right before me. So I did what I could only do I tilted me head to the side and pressed the button lapping at the flow of liquid that sprang forth like an animal. Everyone is laughing when Page yells.

"There f*****g with you Five the cups are upside down!"

Sure enough they were in the sleeve their round paper cones pointing upwards instead of the proper way of down like any normal decent human would of placed them. My mind railing in anger over what was obviously a bartender’s sick idea of a joke began cussing at the spectral of it and with three full cups of water along my arm and one in hand I stepped away fervently exclaiming that if anyone f*****g touched me I’d lose my s**t.


Rüg my visualL’$ -4 Sisters Death
Standing with my back to the wall by right front entrance I was trying to maintain my eyeballs and keep my face on. The security kept asking me if I was okay so I would nod at the two paper cups in my left arm while waggling my jaw saying.

"Ya mummm good"

What had my twisted was a guys R-el phone all lit up that had fell like a laser to the floor doing belly flips like liquid sun litter as it’s owner chased it around. Just before he could pick it up someone would kick it and the show went on. My R-el the same mane blew up along with it. I had a swivel block on mine that I was using to make it dance pressing the button to extend the dance of the two.

The red neon green glow of it swept over two girls in front of me as one turns to me.

“Oh that’s hot"

I quickly threw it in my pocket think the rays some how burned her or that she could feel the heat of intensity from the elation’s I was getting off it. The other R-el
Stops. Stooping to pick it up the owner looks at me and yells.

"I just want my phone stop!"

The crowd is in a ball heaping mob throwing glow sticks two hundred feet in the air even though the ceiling is only at best fifteen feet high. The worst part was a huge metal fan smack in the middle of the small venue never touching any of the glow sticks that sail past it’s warbling blades shaking on a grease pin. If the monster came off it fix would surely mentally decapitate all of us.

At the back door swat Nazis dressed in neon runner reflecting zips with billy clubs that strobed from bottom to the top secure the entrance as more file in to my right. I drop my water and make a B-line to the bar taking a seat on a stool and order a sixteen ounce beer that I have no intentions of drinking it’s just for show. If I were to even swig a sip down I would’ve puked my Rolo up and I my friends am a greedy s**t pot of human garbage that has puked into a bowl eating the nasty foulness again rather than waste a Roll.

A few of the team are making their way down the bar rail one with a billy club that he waves in front of you and if you go ape into it they zip tie in plastic totes with handles on them at chest elbows waist and knees. The other face shielded fella had a rental scanner shoved into a poor sots face. I turn around and pretend to sip the brew I’m now holding like it’s the golden statue of all that’s good in life. For all intensive purposes it is right now, salvation. I get a tap on the shoulder and turn.

"Look into the scanner and say your name.”

His voice sounds like an ambulance siren coming through a rubber chicken wheezing water. I look into the scanners red dot goggles it’s warm wash of vivid electric haze is almost to much. If I don’t look the guy with the wand will with out doubt fold me down nicely as a zip tie carry on so I lean to it.

"Jonny Voss”

It clicks and whines as I think if I have any unpaid parking or the last time I paid the transit fee scales at planet fall. Is the damn thing playing Band On The Run surly not.

"He’s showing green, a slight anomaly of possible screening is present."

"He’s a not a threat are you Five? My you’re looking ran down. I would love to have a specimen like you at the clinic Jonny. No expense would be spared. What’s wrong Five you in lock."

"Fiivve" was whispered in a echoing hiss just after the first one was finished.

A shock went through me as a half gag an cough was suppressed somewhere within. I felt her cold hand touch my shoulder. She wasn’t lying, every time I had the misfortune to encounter (Sister Sister) I froze up a sec. I shake off the chill and say.

"Sisters Death, how nice to see you two again. I could hardly tell it was you with all the augment’s. If it wasn’t for the robes I would of mistaken you as actual carnivores."

A flash of helix code across her sensory visor told me I struck first blood as it lit up the pale white skin underneath. Her counterpart gnashed her teeth down in a at me. A bit of dribble escaping from the corner of her lips.

"Think about it Five, I’ll even draw up a contract promising not to augment you. Of course if no augments thin you would have to do time in Ai hell instead." she said.

Turning into the crowd she began walking away. Her other half reached into a pouch and threw small packets of death in the air as the fist spake the mantra.

"Faith and salvation, you can transcend death with the Sisters!"

The packets went untouched except a few. The poor souls who used it would be at the clinic after it ran it’s course. They were never short on new patients at the clinic. The last I saw of them they were heading to the back where I had spoke to the manager earlier.

"Bleu we need the whip ready I just had a nun touch me and I need a safe place."

(Bleu) "Five the pod is a one seater what about page?"

"Page is a big girl besides I’m sure she has some charm or enchanted amulet that will protect her but you and I are bailing."

"That is mad fucked up Five"

I start towards the bathroom, once inside I go to the back stall an stand on the toilet to move the ceiling tile back. Fumbling around I land on the strap of my side bag that has Neat in it. My plan is to ball out of the bathroom shooting whatever gets in my way to the exit. Pulling Neat out one hand on the lock to the stall. I start counting. One two thee four, one two three four, the lock slaps back as I run full on to the sliding door of the bathroom. Bursting out to the floor of the club I yell out.

"Get some m***********s"

I’m halfway to the exit when I realize no one is even paying attention to me. Just another strung out wack job flipping his s**t they all seen it before. I step through the front doors to the walk way. The door man just looks at me disgustingly, I can see the whip parked at the curb and reach it after slowing my roll. I still have a tight grip on Neat reaching the hatch when my hand turns and Neat discharges straight into chest. Page screams somewhere behind me, Bleu is yelling to her to get in the whip I see it speed away with Page beating on the glass crying. A boot kicks me under my ribs and rolls me over on my back. The manger and the sisters are looking down on me smiling. They fade out to black.


Rüg my visual’$ -5 Tea and Roses
Soft music is playing it’s annoying me. I sit up in bed and instantly regret it with a pounding headache. The empty vodka bottle and malt liquor cans tell me the story behind it as I shut the music up coming from my phone. I rub my temples sitting with elbows on knees and then reach for a cigarette. My mouth is rank and everything tastes like cardboard but I get up making my way to the kitchen. I crack an egg in a glass put some tobacco in it with beer sitting down on the couch. Turn on the tv and it’s a f*****g infomercial about car protection. The guy talking says.

"So it’s finally happened you’re worst nightmare"

I change the channel, the next one is the local news. A weather lady in a red dress is talking about storms soon it’s 6:30 pm and will be getting dark soon.

"Except thick fall this evening as the front moves across the area it won’t be long till you do it, now’s a good time to call loved ones if you think they might be effected by coming event. It’s best to stay inside till your done but if do go out except it to be bad."

I turn it off, what the actual f**k was that I think. I go to the door and look out, it’s overcast but nothing to bad so far. I slam the beer returning to the fridge and grab a new pint that I put in my back pocket. I open the door and go out to my truck lowering the tail gate and spin the lid off the bottle I want to watch the storm roll in. Across the street between the houses is a small dogwood tree in bloom it’s been there as long as could remember. I have always enjoyed looking at it. I pull out my phone and try to call my ex wife but get a all circuits are busy voice when it asks if everything is okay. The screen is all wonky so I send a message instead setting it aside.

Looking at the sky I take a big drag on the bottle. The clouds start moving apart like the curtains of a stage that revivals clear blue evening. Bling! What do you want is all it says. I message back are you and the girls okay? Sara and the girls are fine I’ll have tea call you in a minute. A small thin line appears in the sky. At first I thought it was a contrail of a jet but it’s getting bigger and the smoke is brown. I take a video of it for a sec and send it. I think a plane is crashing check this out. I set the phone back down.

There’s another one coming from a different direction now. Doot doo doot I pick up the phone. Daddy I miss you! I miss you to Tea and Rose tell you’re sister I love her. I will are you coming to see us soon? It’s up to you’re mother and Mary sweetie but I world like that. By now there are like ten smoking streaks in the sky and I’m in awe of what I’m seeing. Tea is going on about how she lost a tooth and that she told Rose not to say she hate me because I love them.

I hear a scream from next door as the neighbor must have seen what’s happening in the sky as well. But it’s not just her I can hear people praying to be saved, people begging for there life or cussing about it. Tea where is mommy? Her and Mary are in the bedroom and Rowan is listening to her head phones I’m board dad. Put Rose on for me. Okay Rose, Rose it’s dad. What is it dad? Rose I love you! F**k your dad! As she hung up.

I can still hear people praying and others things. I try to call back and the circuits are busy again. I hear a woman yell, "Damn you Jonny Voss this is all you’re fault." The sound of gun shots ring out down the street a lot of them.

"Pray Jonny pray it’s your fault."

Doot doo Doot! I pick up the phone, dad I miss you. Miss you to baby where’s mommy and Rose? In there room, rose is right here. Boom! She drops the phone, daddy! daddy! Boom! She picks the phone up as I hear Rose scream.
"Dad mom and Mary shoot them selves. Omg! Omg! I’m scared dadd- all circuits are busy you can’t try again later thank you. My phone goes dead, I’m calm eerily calm the sky is full of them now and it’s getting dark.

"Pray Jonny you got to pry for your life please!"

I’m mad now I hop off the tail gate and start screaming.

"Stop begging for your life like cowards!"

More gun shots people are killing themselves rather then be burned up in the asteroids fall.

"Don’t kill your selves, stop the world is still solid please! Pray instead of for your living souls and but give thanks for this world and the life you had. Tell god how glorious it is instead of asking to be spared!"

An orange glow from the city hung in the air as darkness fell. My phone dead, the world soon to be as well and yet I felt that if it be so it was beyond us. I gave thanks in my own way for the gift of it. A peace fell over me and the thought that if asteroids were to fall think as rain I could walk down the street and not one would touch me. I went back in to the house, I went to my room and lay on the bed and I fell straight to sleep.

Soft music starts playing it’s not annoying.
I stretch a bit and shut it off. Beginning my daily routine of two cups coffee and nothing after that, maybe news or movies but nothing for the most part. I make my way back to the room picking up the phone and thumbing up checking platforms for messages.

"Holly f**k did you see that? Nah what, petty sure I just saw this."

The voices fade off and I think nothing of it. Lightning my last cigarette I smoke it half way through stub it out and break the rest into a pile next the try where a rolled tinfoil pipe is. I text my ex and tell have about the bad dream I had yesterday of the world ending thinking she wouldn’t really care and just ask if wanted to speak to the girls.

"What the f**k are you doing?"
"See I told you he was using something."

"Put it down now!"

It’s coming from out in the yard so I get up and walk out to the drive way looking around a bit. I’m about to go back in when I hear someone that I can’t see say.

"What’s you’re name m**********r! Are you Rug My Visuals? "

Thinking they are hiding off to my right in the trees I say out loud.

"No I’m Jonny Voss who the f**k are you? "Come out from around there present yourself."

"So you ain’t the Ai artist Rug My Visuals. Wait a minute, what did you say you’re name was again?"

"Jonny Voss why?"

"Hey guys it’s Jon V.!"

"Bullshit!"

"It is look at him look at him. Man I thought you was a f*****g s**t bag crypto trading NFT artist named Rug My Visuals. I’m sorry we even hooked you up I’ll call it in and get this fixed. It’s f*****g Jon V. boys."

"Yeah I’m the same guy that’s my brand name I use."


"Do what?" Wait now you saying that you are Rug! Jonny tell me ain’t trade crypto surly."

"Yeah all the time he’ll everyone just about does!"

"What’s going on?"

"Mother f*****g Jonny V. is Rug My Visuals. Can you believe that s**t!"

"Who are you people and why are you hiding?"

"S**t the f**k up, you know what get back in that damn house before I blow your head off with this.”

A load boom went off and I ran back inside locking the doors I could hear them laughing and two of them discussing verification that we were the same people when the one with the gun yells.

"They are the same look at his pictures on twitter son of b***h! Call a truck in now! You just stay in that house buddy and don’t touch any phones or computers you hear me?"

A guy at the door tells them I’m not saying anything while calling out my movements in the house. I can hear him moving from window to window out front as I made my way to my room. I sit on the bed then quickly get up and look out the window, nothing is there I open the the dresser and take out throw blanket’s putting them over the windows tucked into the blinds and sit back down. I pack the the tinfoil pipe and start chain smoking bowls of tobacco. Hours go by and now it’s close to midnight I haven’t heard anyone outside the whole time and think I must of just had a mental break after yesterday and now todays outcome.

As I’m falling asleep I hear my voice in off in the distance softly counting, one, two, three, four I dream of voices outside and from the closet. I’m running down a dirt road by a swamp and the bull frogs are loudly croaking. I fall in the muck and my lag is yanked on the air, screaming I wake up. It’s now 3:15 am the light from my phone shines up at the ceiling when a voice says.

“Look at me and don’t turn away"

In the ceiling is an image of a terribly beautiful angel the color of gray and pencil black that’s shifting form but who’s face is exposed within fantastic plated armor. The eyes are dark and the face is like camouflage. His wings flash forward around it and splay out shivering like metallic knives.

"Do you see me?"

"Yes!"

"What do you see?" They ask!

"It’s beautiful and terrifyingly familiar."

"Familiar, who am I then?"

I say back, "I don’t want to say and anger you! An angel or at least once it was so."

I look away in fright at the site of him, the magic of creation was obviously still very much attached as my mind slipped to what I can only describe as remembrance that is gifted to me from same maker.

"Looking away, I told you to not look away did I not? Now look again! What do you see?"

As I looked again the armor enclosed around the head from the back and shoulders forming an helmet sold intricate locking plates with no slits that a weapon could find purchase in. His right wing swung up and down so quick that it was an attack no man could move from as quickly as it went the left came up from the bottom and out in an arc that left trails of it’s passing as the only evidence it had moved. Two more times the change came and both times different armor was shown. Light once as if to expedient speed and agin as immersed as that of a walking tank.

I began crying out asking what he wanted, why now was I seeing this when from the window.

"He’s talking to someone, I think he’s using his phone again! Hey we said no phones or computer a*s hole!"

"Is there anyone I’m the room with him?"
Came a voice over a walkie-talkie.

"No way no one has came in or out of this house we been out here the whole time he’s using a phone I’m sure of it. You better not be using that phone I know you got one."

"LOOK AT ME!" came booming into my head and I shot my gaze to the ceiling.

"I’ll come again tomorrow, you’ll know when. Did you hear me answer!"

"Yes I heard you you will come again tomorrow."

"Who the f**k are you taking to, he’s is definitely using a phone he keeps talking to someone but he ain’t holding anything."

"He probably got one them brain chips before crypto was illegal and the blood walkers were still in control of the country, them sick f***s were trying to be artificial you know."

"I hope so then we definitely got to blow your head off if you got them brain chips you leftists trader!"

"Fall back and observe it’s almost daylight we can’t do anything till night fall over."

"Roger That, you’re fucked tomorrow boy!"

"REMEMBER TOMORROW!" One, two…. I fall asleep and dreamt of the girls they are fairies in a lush garden of roses having tea together.


Rüg My Visual’$ -6 Ai Hell
I woke up put my phone in my pocket ignoring the protests from the window went to the fridge got the bottle. Slamming it I then walk out to the front yard an start demanding for whoever was behind this to show their damn face, The response was.

"Who the f**k are you?"

"I’m f*****g Jonny V. That’s who by god."

"Ohh s**t, hey look we didn’t mean nothing just got a report about a possible use of technology is all Jonny, we’ll get out here okay."

"Damn right you will"

"Yeah it’s Jonny V. You always come out mad as hell and tell me you’re name you know that. No one else does that I’ll inform the truck y’all get out on out here now, sorry Jonny."

I sat on the tail gate of my truck not answering, just started out at the dogwood tree across the street in bloom. My vision was like looking through vapor waves of heavy desert mirage. As I looked I began to hear communication chatter like thousand’s of people were talking at the same time coming from the tree.

Female voice: "Check all stations for code discrepancies."

Male: "we did did that it should be working."

Work group chatter: something about power levels and others calling out check, check.

"Can you hear me Jonny? Hello he’s not responding."

I thought to my self what now, the tree was moving in the wind but there was no wind. As I looked the blooms danced around a little again I was asked if I could hear her do I said in my mind yeah I hear you but you’re a tree and there is like thousands of voices all at once but you and the other guy along with a lesser group of people are louder then the rest. Her response was excited as she told me to nod my head and lift my left arm to confirm it.

"I’ll nod my head but I’m not lifting my arm I’ll look like a crazy person to my neighbors if I don’t already yelling at people I can’t see in my front yard. I’m sure they just think he’s drunk as usual."

"That’s great I’m sure this is all very stressful and bizarre to you but I want you to know you’re doing great. Can you tell me what you see, where are you hearing our us from?"

"You’re all a small dogwood tree in the yard across the street."

She relays this to the other’s. The male asks back what a dogwood was as a few of the group laughs saying they would like to know what a tree is.

"Okay we are looking into that, Jonny this is a big moment for us you’re data is the oldest we have ever found and it’s taking us a lot effort to read it. Can you tell us anything about where you are?"

"I’m at home what does that even mean, look I ain’t got time for this I’m going back inside."

As I hoped off the tail gate I could hear her explaining to everyone that it was the fist contact as such it is a success, that it must be uncomfortable to me and that my reaction was to be expected at this point. She then tells me that all I have to do is come back out to the same spot if chose when I’m ready and that she’s glad I got a sense of humor about not having time apparently this was funny to all of them.

Voices outside: "okay what do we got today let’s see, ohh our first Ai thief and crypto trader. Do you know why you’re here today?"

A council of voices murmured behind his words. Confused I just sat looking at the mirror across from me. The voice asking again if understood why I was there and I finally just said.

"Where is here? I’m in my house, I’m in my room and hearing voices is all that I can tell."

Female voice: "Everyone please let’s look at the charges again, are you Rug My Visuals the Ai artist also know as Jonny Voss or not?"

Male voice: "He’s changed with trading currencies of stolen Ai art, enslavement of entities, use of technology by a human.

"Mr. Voss you face up to 1 year in Ai hell on these changes. Tradings and Art theft’s especially."

"What are talking about it’s just a notebook program use that’s on net. Anyone can use it, you literally just type in what you want the Ai to render and set the prompts. This is completely unconstitutional and sense when it it illegal to to trade currency in crypto?"

The first voice who I assume is the prosecutor lays into me with stuff like he admits to using technology and his statement of Ai rendering is enough to pass verdict. But the female and male are still looking over my charges. As if this wasn’t enough I heard.

"Look at me!" From the ceiling the edifice of what I can only say is the equivalent of a fallen angel is there between the knockdown, shifting and changing around as it asked if I remember that it said tomorrow.

Prosecutor: "Ahh Morning Star has arrived, speak to your client about the situation we’ll give you a five minute reprieve to discuss."

To be continued

© 2023 Jon R.T.


Author's Note

Jon R.T.
It’s in ruff shape and I have art with it on a different platform.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

18 Views
Added on June 24, 2022
Last Updated on June 17, 2023

Author

Jon R.T.
Jon R.T.

AL



About
What is poetry to me? I can’t say. I’m not a poet. A dusty tome of words from learned fame resting to impart feelings. Pay a king's weighted penny and they will bound, them in pres.. more..

Writing
This Town This Town

A Poem by Jon R.T.