The reunion

The reunion

A Story by Jonathan Stark

"When did I last eat? Come to think of it, I realize now I don't remember! Was it yesterday? Or the day before?"

 

"Stop" says Pete "Shut up, we've got more important s**t to talk about!"

 

"Do we, Pete? I don’t know why we're here! This is a f*****g waste of time! The kid's a failure! It's pretty f*****g obvious!"

 

That was Luther. Don’t mind him, he's a real a*****e sometimes. He hates himself, so he takes it out on others.

 

"Come on Luth! Don’t be such a hater! Give the l'il guy a chance! Stop being an a-hole all the time!"

 

This one is Carlo, the stereotypical hipster who tries to be liked by everyone. We all know a Carlo, don’t we?

 

"Einstein was considered a coward and a retard, and yet looked where he manages to get to!" Ester, the 'wunderbar' child genius commented.

 

"But we don’t want Einstein, DO WE?!" -Luther again

 

"SHUT UP!"

 

S**t, they got Samwell pissed! Sam is the oldest of them all, and the wisest. That made him the most respected of the group, although he isn't the leader. I am. Samwell began to speak again:

 

"I admit that Kiev has failed us before, but I believe in him. I believe he will make the choice that is best for us!" His eyes rested upon me "He is our leader! He is the dominant, and therefore we must abide to his decisions, no matter how inconvenient, preposterous, or disappointing they might be!"

 

It's my turn to talk, I know that! I'm supposed to magically create an inspiring speech about why these guys should trust me. I just can't make myself do it! I don’t know what to say, how to act. I wasn't meant to be a leader. I was just made to. I would gladly surrender my leadership to anyone else, but that's not how it works. None of them were born dominant, only me!

 

"L-look guys, I kn-know I may not be the best p-person for the j-j-j-job b-but I think we should, um, like, think this all the way through!"

 

"Think? THINK? OH MY FUCKIG GOD! F**k thinking! I am tired of thinking the crap out of this! WE HAVE TO ACT! IT'S THAT SIMPLE! We already have all the tools required! All we need is to motherfucking act! If we wait much longer, we will miss our chance! We either act now or never?"

 

Damn Luther, always making s**t so hard for me!

 

"I know we have to act! But we can't take any chances! We have to do this right or not do it at all! Are you sure there isn't another option?"

 

Luther sighted. He began his reply with disappointment in his voice: "Another option?" he laughed "Another option? He wants to handle this another f*****g way!" He kept laughing for a good straight half minute. Then anger flared his face. " NO, YOU IMBICILE! THERE IS NO OTHER WAY! They MUST pay! We owe 'em revenge! And, oohwee, is this revenge going to be sweet! Tasty! WE ARE READY, KIEV, NO MATTER WHAT YOU THINK! NOBODY GIVES A FLYING F**K ABOUT YOUR STUPID A*S OPINION!"

 

Now, you see, I am a simple calm guy. I can take insults and attacks and just swallow them and make 'em disappear! I have kept calm for years now, barely losing my temper. But, oh, when I lose my temper hell freezes over! And this, my friends, was one of those rare moments.

 

"SHUT UP, LUTHER! I AM THE DOMINANT! I AM THE ALFA AND THE OMEGA! I AM JUDGE, JURY, AND PROSECUTER! I AM BOTH GOD AND THE DEVIL! I HOLD YOUR FATE IN MY F*****G HANDS! DON'T YOU FORGET THAT! I HAVE HALF A MIND TO BANISH YOU, SO DO NOT TEMPT ME MORE; FOR YOUR OWN SAKE!"

 

That shut the little prick

 

Silence...

 

Breathe in

 

Breathe out

 

Calm

 

Serene....

 

Speak now...

 

"Ester, where are we in terms of planning?"

 

"Well... We managed to hack the PTA official email. The parts we ordered online for the weapon are already here. Thankfully, nobody cared to ask about contents; so no red flags were activated. Transportation problems are also fixed. We are waiting for your approval, Sir."

 

"Samwell, do you think this... this... PLAN is complete? Anything we might of missed?"

 

"I trust Ester has managed to prepare for any possible problems that might arise."

 

"Sam, do you believe this is the solution?"

 

"Kiev, there are always multiple solutions. Yet I believe this is the easiest, quickest, most possible solution!"

 

"But there are other possibilities?"

 

"Yes. Yet this is, to my understanding, the best solution!"

 

"Well then, I shall sleep on it. I promise an answer by morning!"

 

***********

 

Sleep on it! He was gonna sleep on it! Kiev, you damn idiot! You're not supposed to sleep on it! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO ACT ON IT! DAMN IMBECILE!

 

But don't worry. I know he IS stupid enough not to do anything. But he's too nice. Everyone but him wants to do it; and sweet little Kiev doesn't want to lose no friends!

 

So, I just have to wait 'till he gains the courage to admit he's an idiot.

 

"Gather around everyone."

 

EVERY ONE?!

There are a lot of us. Maybe a hundred. I expected him to call the elders only. This might change things.

 

"My friend Luther here has proposed a solution. A mayor vengeance upon all those who inflicted pain over us all! We are tired of their abuse, of their insults. We are tired of being ignored!"

 

Oh, I like where this is going. This is good! The cheering is deafening.

 

"And we WILL sacrifice the only good things we have in life! We WILL sacrifice freedom! We WILL sacrifice our life! And we WILL sacrifice Alessa, our true love!"

 

The cheering died. Silence now ruled where motivation had, moments ago.

 

"THIS is what LUTHER is asking of you! Pay EVERYTHING for petty revenge. Well, I WONT HAVE IT! I SAY WE HAVE PAID ENOUGH TROUGHOUT LIFE! WE SHALL PAY NO MORE! IGNORE THE WORLD AND FOCUS IN OUR WELL-BEING!"

 

"NO! WE DESERVE REVENGE! WE MUST NOT STRAY FROM THE PLAN! NO MATTER THE COST!"

 

"Luther, may I remind you that I AM THE DOMINANT? I not you. I, and only I, am responsible for OUR well-being! So shut up and sit back down!"

 

"NO! You may've been the dominant, yet now I make the choices!"

 

With that, I remove the hidden blade from its scabbard and cut his head off. You can't actually KILL one of us, yet that would 'deactivate' him.

 

"I AM NOW THE DOMINANT AND I SAY WE GO ON AS PLANNED!"

 

Everyone was too shocked to say elsewise.

 

****************

 

"Tonight on Eyewitness News we bring live coverage in the place where one of the most gruesome massacres of the country happened this afternoon. We're live with Liz Donahugh!"

 

"Thank you Martha! The killer is Kiev Vielsstrof, of 17 years. He suffers from multiple personality syndrome. Said madman hacked the school's official PTA email, informing parents, teachers, and even students of an urgent meeting. He then continued to kill 36 people and wound 21 in said bogus meeting. His weapon was a fully automatic SCAR tactical machine gun he bought part-by-part through the internet. The suspect managed to escape, and a massive manhunt is being organized by the FBI and the CIA. We warn viewers, suspect is armed and extremely dangerous."

 

We had our sweet revenge…

© 2017 Jonathan Stark


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on February 6, 2017
Last Updated on February 6, 2017