A Dog and His Master

A Dog and His Master

A Story by Jon Samson
"

A story about a dog looking for his master.

"
"Ding dong - ding dong - ding dong," Went the old grandfather clock.
Time to get up! Maxwell thought. 
He got out of the bed and stretched his legs before slowly making his way down the stairs and to the front door. He sat in front of the blue wooden door and sat patiently, waiting.
Where is he? Maxwell thought, Perhaps if I call out to him he will come.
"Master! Master can you please open the door?" He yelled at the top of his lungs. "Master?"
Maxwell listened intently, the old house creaked and groaned but he heard no sign of his master. 
Well perhaps he wouldn't mind if I went on that chair, Maxwell thought. And while I'm at it I may as well mark the table... and the stool... and the...
Maxwell went around the old dusty house marking every piece of furniture he could.
Well at least everyone will know who's stuff this is, Maxwell thought, proud of himself.
Maxwell's stomach growled, time for breakfast! He hurried to his food bowl to see it was empty. Maxwell sat patiently by his dish, after a few minutes he decided he should call out to his master again.
"Master it's breakfast time!"
No answer, just the creek and the groans of the dusty, old, yellow house. 
What could be the hold up? Maxwell's stomach growled a second time, hunger gripping his stomach in pain. Perhaps there's some food in the bottom of the dish.
Maxwell licked the bottom of his food bowl only to get a tongue full of dust.
Bleck!
Maxwell coughed and then gulped down the water  to help get rid of the taste.
"Ding dong- ding dong- ding dong- ding dong,"
Nap time! But boy I sure am  hungry!
Maxwell ran into the living room and laid down on his bed and tried to sleep. But no matter how long he lay he couldn't seem to fall asleep. He tried laying on his stomach, both sides, and even his back! But no matter how much he tried he just couldn't sleep on an empty stomach. He stood up and decided to yell for his master again.
"Master! Please come out and talk to me! Master?"
The sun started to go down and the dusty, creaky, groaning, old yellow house started to get dark. 
"Master I'm scared! Please, please, please come talk to me! Master?"
Maxwell waited for a response but the only thing he heard was the steady creaking and groaning in the house. 
Well it is getting late, perhaps if I go to sleep he'll come the next day.
Maxwell trotted to the stairs and gingerly made his way to the top one step at a time. Winded, he walked into his master's bedroom. He went next to his bed and licked his owner's feet. His master swayed side to side, making the dusty yellow house above creak and groan.
"Perhaps you'll come down tomorrow," Maxwell whined.
Maxwell walked on to his bed, spun around in a circle, and fell asleep to the sounds of the creaky, groaing, dusty, yellow house.

© 2014 Jon Samson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think this is well written, but it's too dreadful for me to comment on.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Jon Samson

9 Years Ago

I wrote this during a rather dark period, my dog of 15 plus years had passed away the day I wrote th.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
1 Review
Added on June 2, 2014
Last Updated on June 2, 2014
Tags: pets, dogs, master, house, creaky, old, food, dark, sad, loyaly

Author

Jon Samson
Jon Samson

Ellington, CT



About
Just a newbie writer who wanted a placed to post his work. more..

Writing