The Curtain Call

The Curtain Call

A Poem by Jonny The Savage

I had once believed that we could change our course, that the iceberg was avoidable, but alas, the only thing that's changed is me. The more you grow to understand the beast, the more you realize that only love can conquer hate. You learn to show love, even when served with hate; in fact, especially when shown hatred. Only I can be the change I want to see, no one else may ever be tasked with that responsibility. It's a forlorn life, but it's mine. Feels like judgement day and I'm left behind in my own personal Hell, while everyone else remarks "how swell!" But I beat on, boat against the current, clinging to the notion that history's recurring. Praying that Huxley was wrong but knowing he wasn't. Spending my days growing colder, more cynical and more certain. That for what's left of us, humans, it's curtains.

© 2015 Jonny The Savage


Author's Note

Jonny The Savage
1/11/15

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on September 30, 2015
Last Updated on September 30, 2015
Tags: Dark Age, Truth, Reality, Esoteric, Kali Yuga, Knowledge, Savage

Author

Jonny The Savage
Jonny The Savage

Atlantis, Apple Rock



About
Aesthete, philosopher and scholar first; and a writer, poet and musician second. A rather blunt individual with no regard for dogma or taboo. A curious soul seeking the truth beyond this mortal coil. more..

Writing