Like So Many Dinosaurs

Like So Many Dinosaurs

A Poem by Jonny The Savage

I don't like labels. I don't enjoy scraping the brand off of my forehead. I don't relish being put into a disembodied box, existing only in ignorant void. I don't appreciate oversensitive a******s that try to speak for me. I don't fancy being dehumanized. I don't dig the misdirected hostility and animosity. I don't savor the closemindedness masquerading as an open door policy. I don't delight in being placed and forgotten upon a shelf. I don't love you because you deserve it, I love you because love is Universal, boundless and needed more now than ever. I don't want to see humanity whither away like so many dinosaurs. Like so many dinosaurs because we are so many dinosaurs - staring mouth agape in disbelief at the obvious future, but preferring to browbeat one another with identity politics...it's an absolutely sickening kind of madness. Like telling a freezing homeless man how great he has it, as you sip starbucks and saunter back to your warm home; to blog about how you showed the patriarchy today.

You. Make. Me. Sick. But at least you're on your way out, like so many dinosaurs. 

© 2015 Jonny The Savage


Author's Note

Jonny The Savage
1/15/15

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Its a nice writing. Has depth, with great choice of words. It sends home the message.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Jonny The Savage

8 Years Ago

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on this piece.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 30, 2015
Last Updated on September 30, 2015
Tags: Dark Age, Truth, Reality, Esoteric, Kali Yuga, Knowledge, Savage

Author

Jonny The Savage
Jonny The Savage

Atlantis, Apple Rock



About
Aesthete, philosopher and scholar first; and a writer, poet and musician second. A rather blunt individual with no regard for dogma or taboo. A curious soul seeking the truth beyond this mortal coil. more..

Writing