The Epoch of Self-Immolation

The Epoch of Self-Immolation

A Poem by Jonny The Savage

Most of the best songs have already been written. Most of the best video games came out on what are now considered retro consoles. Most of the best writing has already been penned by dead men, still rolling in their graves. Most of the best films were directed by Stanley Kubrick, who is anyone trying to kid? (Un)Luckily I understand that aesthetic is uncompromisable in art, that truth is too few and far between, in this world of ours...that I'm going to live just long enough to see man's automation and subsequent fall from grace. To witness centuries upon centuries of hard earned human knowledge, discarded like so many New Years' resolutions. Forgotten, like so many of my heroes, simply lost in the sands of time and human ignorance. And yet, people can memorize so much nonsense and repeat it back like so many parrots. It's like the record of humanity is skipping, but no one wants to speak up! It grows more grating and cacophonous by the second, and we grin on, like stupefied children, unable to see the forest fire for the flames. One giant human fireball; conflagration for one and all.

© 2015 Jonny The Savage


Author's Note

Jonny The Savage
1/19/15

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
B
How old is your soul ?
lol
Johnny the none savage guy

Posted 8 Years Ago


B

8 Years Ago

i guess i should read a novel then ...... sucks :P
Jonny The Savage

8 Years Ago

haha I'll get you to read Huxley some day :P
B

8 Years Ago

yes a novel ofcourse while i slowly die
and kill you in the process lol

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
1 Review
Added on September 30, 2015
Last Updated on September 30, 2015
Tags: Dark Age, Truth, Reality, Esoteric, Kali Yuga, Knowledge, Savage

Author

Jonny The Savage
Jonny The Savage

Atlantis, Apple Rock



About
Aesthete, philosopher and scholar first; and a writer, poet and musician second. A rather blunt individual with no regard for dogma or taboo. A curious soul seeking the truth beyond this mortal coil. more..

Writing