The Timeless

The Timeless

A Poem by Jonny The Savage

I wish I could put into words that which plagues this mortal coil. It's not the uncertainty and literal grayness that blears the rainbow, but knowing that there is much we mat never reach due to mere biology. It's incredible to be a sentient being derived from an abiotic Universe. It is apparent that there is a sequence of events that leads to the living out of the inanimate. Matter has a tendency to exist in the simplest form. Few of our race ever learn to stray from the path of least resistance. The few see the world in terms of their own. What a time to be alive...He of material wealth will be worshiped while logic and compassion be scorned. To feel is to be weak. To question is to commit social suicide. We don't have much time here, do we really need the delusions of grandeur? Can I just live my life outside of the avarice and animosity and not suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune?

We are plagued to live with 'no vestige of begging and no prospect of an end', the timeless. If you let them, they'll put you through the mold, the faceless. Our strengths come from weaponry in place of camaraderie, the loveless. Is this all that our race may ever be? I pray not. It's all a man who sees with his own eyes can do not to succumb to desperate depression.

© 2015 Jonny The Savage


Author's Note

Jonny The Savage
7/19/12

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on October 13, 2015
Last Updated on October 15, 2015
Tags: Dark Age, Truth, Reality, Esoteric, Kali Yuga, Knowledge, Savage, Philosophy

Author

Jonny The Savage
Jonny The Savage

Atlantis, Apple Rock



About
Aesthete, philosopher and scholar first; and a writer, poet and musician second. A rather blunt individual with no regard for dogma or taboo. A curious soul seeking the truth beyond this mortal coil. more..

Writing