Survival Without a Reason to Survive

Survival Without a Reason to Survive

A Story by Jonny The Savage

I've survived some of the craziest s**t a human being can endure, and it's led me to take an extreme self-reliance viewpoint. I've been the one telling myself that everything will be okay (even though it wont, and never will be) for years now. I still remember being scared out of my mind, going in and out of seizures; with a broken leg and sideways foot, and being the one to put my fractured psyche back together. If I come off as weird...there's a valid reason for it. If you don't understand, that's fine, I don't live my life to fit into a filing cabinet in your mind. I am a lot of things, but I am not dishonest, and I am not weak. You don't know what it's like to teach yourself how to walk again 5 times in 5 years. Or what it's like to be going in and out of seizures, so severe that an x-ray tech thought you were faking, while pleading with every god you've ever heard of to be able to walk again.

Don't judge until you've lived through what I have. I guarantee, you'd be a shaking mess from all the trauma. It took more work than you'll ever really know just to be able to smile. I spent years getting into the best shape of my life, actually was able to run again...after years of having issues with it. Then my back reached a point where I could've lost the use of my legs and dick (because one of the fractures never healed and led to what's called a slip) and a surgeon fed me drugs and intentionally fucked up my back surgery. I was bedridden for months. I walked around with loose metal in my back, and a vertebra that was trying to slip off of my spinal column, for a year. Then I broke my leg a month before the 11 hour back surgery to fix the intentionally failed one. I was abused because of my race in the hospital...when I was bedridden, broken psychologically from breaking my leg, alone and scared. it's a year and a half later, and I still limp with both legs and need to use a cane to get around. I still have to use a wheelchair if it's too far for me to gimp around.

I've watched my body fall apart for the last three years; with nothing I could even do about it...except cry my eyes out, alone, and pray for death. I've basically stopped even trying to be social, I realize I physically can't handle (or financially afford) most things people want to do, and I prefer not to feel like an inconvenience. I've spent so much time alone I don't even really know how to talk to people any more. It's like I speak a different language. I've learned to not even talk about what my life is like, because I realize it makes people feel awkward to hear about something so hopeless. I'm going to die alone, unknown, and end up the prophet of another generation. Life is such a farce; and I'm leaving this disc behind, no matter the cost!

© 2017 Jonny The Savage


Author's Note

Jonny The Savage
8/5/17

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is hard-hitting, a very tough tale which I assume is true. You don't want to hear my story, so suffice it to say that I can, in more than one way, relate to your situation. It seems you're a survivor, so that's no small thing. Subject aside, your writing is excellent.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jonny The Savage

6 Years Ago

Thank you! Yeah, sadly, it's all true; I'm not creative enough to come up with that level of detail .. read more



Reviews

This is hard-hitting, a very tough tale which I assume is true. You don't want to hear my story, so suffice it to say that I can, in more than one way, relate to your situation. It seems you're a survivor, so that's no small thing. Subject aside, your writing is excellent.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jonny The Savage

6 Years Ago

Thank you! Yeah, sadly, it's all true; I'm not creative enough to come up with that level of detail .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 5, 2017
Last Updated on August 28, 2017
Tags: Disability, trauma, near death experience

Author

Jonny The Savage
Jonny The Savage

Atlantis, Apple Rock



About
Aesthete, philosopher and scholar first; and a writer, poet and musician second. A rather blunt individual with no regard for dogma or taboo. A curious soul seeking the truth beyond this mortal coil. more..

Writing