Awakening

Awakening

A Story by Jordan
"

Has to do with my journal entry I just posted on here. It's a metaphorical story of how I am feeling now.

"
Waking with a gasp, I gaze around where I am, in disorientation and fear.

The wooden walls close to me and under me, cause my breath to quicken as I panic and try to scream.

It soon becomes apparent that I am alone. No one can hear me scream in this darkness.

I slowly calm, and breathe deeply, realizing that my oxygen will soon not last..  I must act quickly but rationally.

I begin to push on the coffin lid, praying softly that I'm not literally six feet under or even buried yet..

Slowly, the lid shakes as I push and then begin to kick as hard as I can, throwing my full weight behind it, remembering my martial arts training.

With a crack, the lid gives way and I pop out, gasping and tumbling to the ground.

I wasn't buried yet! I was still able to live!! I had a chance...

The grave diggers looked at me in shock, and rain begins to pour as the autumn leaves billow gently to the ground..

I raise my face to the rain, needing the cleansing..

© 2013 Jordan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The initial thought was of burial alive... a past horror tale that can be very effective for some authors. Then I saw your speaking below and well agree to the awakening through life and the breaking of binds that held you.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wow that is one intense dream, sounds to me like someone who is ready to fight for anything she believes in no matter the cost. But of coarse I am not a psychiatrist.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jordan

10 Years Ago

It's metaphorical about how I have been living as if I were dead.. and, as for beliefs, yes, I would.. read more
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

10 Years Ago

Exactly... no matter what there is no place for violence.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 22, 2013
Last Updated on September 22, 2013

Author

Jordan
Jordan

Crossville, TN



About
•♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ♥¸¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*• ❤ ☮✞✡ "You guys are all into th.. more..

Writing
Shaken Shaken

A Poem by Jordan