Homicidal Suicide

Homicidal Suicide

A Story by Josh Wesey
"

nm

"

It’s been a while since I last slept.

Stuck In this dark cage for at least 2 weeks.

 Hijacked from my humble abode.

 Stolen from my perfect world.

My eyes still sticky and itchy from the dry mascara that shades my eyelids. They came in their dark robes and abducted me from my society. Silenced my screams with a white cloth that stunk of some sort of sedative. My world got enveloped in darkness as I muffled down. Now I stand holding bars of a cage that prevent me from reaching the outside world. I haven’t seen light since then. The darkness of the cage at first felt unwelcome to the fact that It now had a companion and painted me vivid pictures of crawling, dripping monsters that watch me at the edges of the cage but now I have found a friend. The darkness itself is my only friend. It has always been. I have welcomed it into my heart and let it sink into the cold depths of my heart as the titanic did.  Now I discuss with this darkness & laugh when it jokes.

Today, I felt rain and for once appreciated the slow pitter patter of its cold wet drops. I stooped low to the dirt ground and sipped the wet portions that Mother Nature had offered me. My tongue detecting stones and sand particles but I brush the thoughts away and take it down anyway. The darkness now feeds me though. A skinny rat skids past me, too fast for me to catch it. So, I wait patiently my eyes glued to the ground and sure enough it appears scurrying past again. I hurl myself at it and without a minute of thought I chew its head off. My hunger fed by anger as I chew it and let its dark foul taste flow down my throat. My stomach knows it is not good for me but I order it to accept my gift and it slowly stops scrunching and squeezing itself together. I chew its fingers slowly, devour its belly and grind its bones. And finally I sip to the last bit of its tail. Strands of dark hair rest all around my lips and mouth stained with dark blood.

I have lost my senses and now wait for any of the rat’s family members to show up looking for it. None appear so I sleep. My stomach gurgles. I wriggle around the floor in pain. The darkness does not console me now. It has poisoned me. I crawl to the gate and scream in pain. No one answers. My stomach still surges with pain. My heart beats fast. I scream. The darkness does not console me. Why? Weren’t we friends?

On the floor in which I lay, I literally observe an everlasting pause.

At least I get to sleep now.

-          Josh Wesey

 

© 2014 Josh Wesey


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

a very well written and dark story.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Josh Wesey

10 Years Ago

thank you!
Kasey Miriam

10 Years Ago

You are very welcome.
Josh Wesey

10 Years Ago

please review my recent works

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
1 Review
Added on April 9, 2014
Last Updated on April 9, 2014

Author

Josh Wesey
Josh Wesey

Lagos, Omole Phase 2, Nigeria



About
Poet. I write Short Stories. more..

Writing
Crescents Crescents

A Poem by Josh Wesey