A Lot To Have Lost

A Lot To Have Lost

A Story by JoyMarieGold
"

A girl who loses the love of her life in a horrible accident.

"

     As I stood there watching the sun go down in the dark sky, it felt like my heart was breaking in two. I turn away and walk down the hill in my parent's  backyard feeling as though I was drowning without him. See my one and only love, my fiance of two years had died. I still hadn't taken off the ring he had given me, the only reminder of him left in this reality. I look down into the grass, the green grass that was growing in spite of my belove's body in the cool damp dirt of Kentucky. Without knowing the tears come crawling down my face anew. Oh how I miss him, his arms around my shoulders, his soft kisses at night when we would go to sleep. The tears cloud my eyes and I trip on a root that I always forget about and take a tumble down the hill.

     

As I reach the bottom my brain still shaken, I remember the first time I had ever met Shane Seamus Williams. It was the best day ever, it actually started here. My older brother Grey had brought him over for a marathon of Halo action. I was coming down the hill when they stepped outside. I just so happened to look up and one look into his amber color eyes and I hit the exact root and fell down the rest of the way. Thankful he rushed up and caught me before I could really get hurt. I fell into his strong arms toned by many hours in the weight room. How I remember those arms! I don't think I could ever forget. My eyes fill with tears. My Shane, my handsome adorable Shane whom is now in the damp dirt and never again will be in my arms.

    

I still remember the day he asked me out. We were on the hill the sun going down into the large lake stretching out, back behind some bushes. It was almost as if the hot sun needed some relaxation and decided to slide into the cool blue murky water. We had seen each other around town, and even in high school, him always a year above me. He had come up and ask me if he could come over that night to talk to me. I agreed and boy was I happy. He was so handsome and all the girls wanted him. He did used to date the head cheerleader Jasmine, of course us "lower" folks called her the boobleader, on account of her big breats. Later that night he had come over and he led me over to the hill up to the top and we watched the sun go down peacefully when 5 whispered words came out of his mouth, "Will you be my girlfriend?" My mouth opened in shock as I turned to look at him. "Come again?" His amber eyes zone onto my emerald ones as he repeats it again, "Will you be my girlfriend?"

    

 My eyes fill up even more as I remember jumping into his lap and hugging him. I can't believe he's gone. I walk into my mom's house and into my old bedroom. If only he had listen to me, then this wouldn't have happened. I knew something felt wrong about that fatal day when he died. He worked as a constructor in a big constructing business. I remember kissing him and smiling but then frowning as he went out the door of our apartment. I watched him go knowing that something would happen. He looked up and saw me frowning and came back in. I told him how I felt and he said not to worry because everything would be fine. But it wouldn't be because that afternoon while he wasn't looking, a huge piece of concrete came falling down from above and hit his head.

    

His coworkers saw it happen but by the time the shower of concrete bricks had stopped he was in a coma. He never woke up to another day of sunshine again. I lay my head down on the soft quilt on my bed smelling my scent and the underlining scent of him; fresh dirt, yellow sunshine and that pure male scent. Soon my whole body shakes with the sobs that are coming out. My Shane, my poor Shane gone. My arm comes around to hug myself when the last of the fading sun hits and produces light from the one carat diamond ring he just gave to me just a day ago before he died. He had taken me out to dinner at a fancy restaurant and then we walked along the edge of the lake in the dark, the moonlight making the lake appear silver. As we approached the hill he slipped his hand out of mine and I turned around only to see him on one knee and this ring shining in the moonlight. I cried and said yes a million times.

    

So this was it. This is what life is without my Shane Seamus Williams. Lonely and without life. I don't see how I could lose anymore than I have. Because I have lost it all. My love, my future husband, my future life, my future children with Shane. My love is gone and I must live on. Because that is what Shane would have wanted. His love will live but I have to move on.

 

And as the sunlight fades into a dark night, the moon rising above the deprecated life below a resounding shoot bounces through the air. She didn't want to live on because without her love there was nothing left. As as shouts carried through the air, down below on the gone one's face, a smile is apparent for in death she found her love again.

© 2012 JoyMarieGold


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Having a good emotional presence is part of the writing process - you have achieved that in this. In need of editing? - yes. Tightening loose edges? - yes. Don't re-invent... just make it right.

Chris

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

love it

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Author

JoyMarieGold
JoyMarieGold

About
I am a person with a writer's soul. I live, breathe, eat writing. I am constantly writing. more..

Writing