Funk

Funk

A Poem by Jocelyn cortes
"

Finding yourself feeling as if you are same but different. You are the same nothing drastic has changed yet, for some reason; feel numb. Then finding a way out of it.

"

Are you able to see past the glare of my glazed over eyes. Question when you look into them, what do you see? Do you see a flood of a thousand skies, like the ones at are freckled with orange tinted clouds or cold blue lightening storms. Maybe you see an eruption of trees, those greens vibrant and bright the smell of fresh moss sticking to your dirty fingers. I agree, I may seem sturdy, physically yes; but it's time to address this feeling.
If you haven't noticed I've been attempting to pick up my inner being. Weighting practically weightless then suddenly 2 tons. some areas have begun to slip. Damnit, what ever happened to your grip. I thought you said you could handle it. But I'm just left confused from my own unasked questions. Bewildered by this feeling of detachment, I've made plenty of assessments for myself. Attempting to figure out my past doubts without letting out unneeded shouts. We've always keep the same distance, but I must have a low reception I'm just not getting as strong of a connection. But I know it's there like a strong lively pulse pumping through layers of flesh and skin. I sure hope I haven't committed any sort of sin. wheels underneath my cap of curls feeling as if they've come to a stop, sliding into the state of the blank slate.I don't understand I'm I the only one? Once attached then suddenly detached from my emotions, the numbness slithering over me. I'm sorry to bring it up, I wouldn't want any sort of commotion. But I swear Someone must have crept through my open window. drilled into my hollow skull. And stole my most precious treasures one by one in the night And only left my dust covered skeleton, ripping it out of its hiding place deep within my closet. Who ever you are hope you know, I was lost because of it. But don't think you can drag me down because of it. I may have struggled and fell into a pit of negative thinking.
But it's a pit. When you look up you can still see the sky from within it. Watching the gradual shift from orange to blue as soon as the sun and horizon line meet. Trust yourself, you will survive, it's only because your emotionally at a low or high tide. Go ahead and live, stop looking back and react.
Don't you agree? It's about time to Engulf yourself in the human experience, and de-funk yourself of the gooey mean toxic brain of the commonly insane. And feel yourself not as a stranger in the world. Feel the breath of love against your skin, feel the hairs tickle your face as it dances in the wind. And Live within the experience of existence.

© 2017 Jocelyn cortes


Author's Note

Jocelyn cortes
Input???

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on June 22, 2017
Last Updated on June 22, 2017
Tags: Depression, emotional, change, growth, understanding

Author

Jocelyn cortes
Jocelyn cortes

Ogden, UT



About
Everyday is a beautiful day. I'm a very amateur spoken word poet, And live among the mountains. Hope you enjoy what I have to offer on here❤️ more..

Writing
Red Red

A Poem by Jocelyn cortes