Tuffets and Whey

Tuffets and Whey

A Story by Jim Palasty
"

Whey weird

"

 

            “Helloooo, Hannah.”, purred out the strong voice …now echoing in her ears.

 

            With a sickeningly moist *thud*, the ceramic bowl slipped from Hannah’s grip and shattered at her feet. Curds, whey, ceramic, and blood…not an attractive mixture.

 

            “I brought you a gift.”

 

            His voice didn’t so much ever silence, but merely continued humming on in a frequency too low for us to hear. Even though you couldn’t hear it, you could feel it. Like a soft breeze, your senses capture a nuance of his comforting aura. So softly - so sweetly
surrounding you completely…

 

            “Jeezuschristt!!!”, she shrieked!

 

            Hector opened his right claw, dropping a woman’s severed head onto the ground; together with the curds, whey, ceramic, and blood… even less of an attractive mixture than before.

 

            Hannah sprang backward in terror, tripping over the tuffet and falling to Hector’s massive insect legs. She slid against a piece of stiff hair on his leg, slicing her cheek open slightly.

 

            The scent of her fresh blood drifted through the air and into Hector’s senses, bathing him in a rapturous hunger. He quickly lunged out to grab her, but Hannah had already run away.

 

            “You will be mine, someday, Hannah Muffet, you will be mine…”, cried out Hector.

 

The End

© 2008 Jim Palasty


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Added on May 13, 2008

Author

Jim Palasty
Jim Palasty

Flint, MI



About
Thanks to my wife, who posts her stories here, I've finally decided to do more than post a half-assed profile and no work to speak of. Looking forward to interacting with you all and developing my wor.. more..

Writing
Gone Gone

A Poem by Jim Palasty