Check the street

Check the street

A Poem by Joy James
"

Yes. Check the street

"
I was walking down the street when my eyes stumbled on a little frail child. Now my heart missed the next beat wondering why my homeland with so much green and ocean of grace still drown in that aimless struggle they call suvival for the fitest.
Children!
Deafening with resounding lies they hear day by day. Given hope of that imaginery future while they waste at home counting pepples and abacus instead of fingering integrators in the tabanacle of education; blistered skin. Then sun and wind and lightening came still the need to survive.
Children!
My heart bleeds as we peep from our window of security while these insecured wards filled with anger and hatred for the society that birth them. For survival sake, their hasty finger grip tight on that deadly metal and they are thrown behind bars yet we pray to see the sunlight while the son's light is misused.
Children!
We need the oppotunity to live, see, and inhale the same breath of happiness as you. When leaders turn their back from us, we need readers to face us. Give us the priviledge to gain knowlege. Grant us a taste of your power to lead. Your promise of our tomorrow is ending and our patience is ticking fast.
Now!
Its not just me, but the children in the street, the unlearned ones and the unborn leaders who are battered, brutally bruised,denied the opportunity to see but another unending day.
Please think of the children!

© 2017 Joy James


Author's Note

Joy James
Kindly review

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

'My heart bleeds as we peep from our window of security...
...filled with anger and hatred for the society that birth them'.
'When leaders turn their back from us,
we need readers to face us'.
'Your promise of our tomorrow is ending
and our patience is ticking fast'.

Your words are so filled with such wisdom!
The world certainly needs voices like yours, compassionate souls like you who notice the sad plight of the vulnerable ones of our society.

May The Creator of Heaven and Earth bless you and keep you safe and make you excel in your writing talent (through practice, passion and dedication). You are a voice for the voiceless.

WELL DONE


Posted 5 Years Ago


I see it every day here in the USA. thanks for sharing this nice poem.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 13, 2017
Last Updated on August 13, 2017
Tags: Children, street, education

Author

Joy James
Joy James

Calabar, south south, Nigeria



About
I am a creative lady with great potentials. A lover of Beauty and Nature. more..

Writing
Restored Restored

A Poem by Joy James


Choice Choice

A Poem by Joy James