Travelling without moving...

Travelling without moving...

A Story by Juan

My lips are so chapped that it probably looks like I've been eating chalk..my mouth is dry and it feels like a thin layer of skin is being peeled off inside my throat everytime I swallow, my hands are so dirty they appear gray and the crevices in my palms look like they've been outlined with a black marker...gazing away from my hands I see their faces staring down at me.

Their lips are moving but the sound is muffled like when youre underwater in a pool...it's hard to breathe...I hear a roar approaching fast and suddenly my ears pop..I hear a womans voice from the crowd say "The stench is so bad that even the flies swarm at a distance"..I see a disgusted look at a young womans face while the girl next to her tries not to laugh at the others comment.

I feel like the crowd is standing on my chest it's so hard to breathe...involuntarily my eyes begin to close...Their voices become louder and my eyes scramble to stay open...Im tired of these people staring at me I try to move but fail it's like I've been injected by a giant dose of novocaine.

Something catches my attention,I see an empty can rolling pass the crowds feet..."Sir can you hear me?"..I look in the direction the can came from, I see my cart mangled and my cans scattered..blowing away..."Can you hear me sir?"

I shift my eyes in the direction of the voice but my tears blur his face...blurry fades into darkness..."Stay with me sir, were trying to help....sir?" I see blurry colors and hear whispering voices......so hard to breathe...so hard to focus....wheres my dog?...my cans are all gone now.....so hard to breathe.....the voices now echoing....fading...
 

© 2008 Juan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Added on June 24, 2008
Last Updated on June 25, 2008

Author

Juan
Juan

Greenfield, WI



About
Some find it disturbing, some find it amusing others are indifferent when they realize that my writing has a bit of fact to it..generally from my own experiences. Most importantly I'd like to say "I w.. more..

Writing
w.i.p. w.i.p.

A Story by Juan


Mass production.. Mass production..

A Story by Juan