Dissension...

Dissension...

A Story by Juan

Sweet, yet a little too dry for my taste, with that thought in mind he sets the glass down and chases the red wine with cough inducing,eye burning smoke...Peering over her glass while she takes a sip ,her eyes in a sad state are fixed on his every move...Turning his head to the left while keeping her gaze, he blows the smoke away from them...He knows that look and begins a mental countdown...3....2..."Why cant you quit killing yourself?" she asks.

A second of silence is all it takes before her tone changes,"Or could you at least stop trying to take me with you?" Her sarcasm is intended to be hurtful ..He reaches over and gently holds her hand, his eyes never straying from hers.

Dozens of candles illuminate her face revealing a developing Mona Lisa smile...He lightly squeezes her hand and replys"Since you cant live without me now, I just assumed that you wouldnt mind sharing a cab to heaven.Her eyes widen now as he continues..."Yeah ..um.. we just have to make sure we tip our cab driver "DEATH" generously....A smirk takes hold of her face now and once again he proceeds...WHAT?! dont look at me that way, you know if we dont he'll just take us in circles next time and we will be stuck in purgatory.

He cant control the smile on his face and gives her a wink.. she answers with a laugh "you have a dumb morbid sense of humor".He responds in a playful snobbish tone" If you are insinuating that I am peculiar in some way, I hope you realize that your laughter has lowered you to my level, therefore making "us" two peas in a pod.

They both lean back with big grins on their faces , she puts her lips to the glass thinking to her self 'Why cant i stop loving this jerk?" I know that hes not the physically abusive neanderthal type but he is so insensitive to my needs, so oblivious to the words I speak, his cold silence and distant composure is a mind game that no one in my past has ever played so well....Why do I even bother with this antisocial "from the wrong side of the tracks" degenerate?

He reaches for his glass and takes a drag from his smoke, he also begins to think...I bit my tounge and played the clown once more, all for the sake of avoiding an argument that would have never been ratified mutually..I love her smile...The outcome would have been predictable..me swallowing my dignity and apologizing..I wonder if she knows how much i love her?...A person can only take so much.

With identical contemplative facial expressions, they simultaneously look into one anothers eyes and have a final thought...

HER: Why cant I walk away from him?

HIS: Why cant she let me go?

 
 
 

© 2008 Juan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on June 24, 2008
Last Updated on June 26, 2008

Author

Juan
Juan

Greenfield, WI



About
Some find it disturbing, some find it amusing others are indifferent when they realize that my writing has a bit of fact to it..generally from my own experiences. Most importantly I'd like to say "I w.. more..

Writing
w.i.p. w.i.p.

A Story by Juan


Mass production.. Mass production..

A Story by Juan