Regurgitated boredom..

Regurgitated boredom..

A Story by Juan

An occasional roar can be heard in the distance but the sound of a million fingernails tapping on my rooftop has been a consistent relaxing melody that has accompanied me throughout the night. A stream of smoke escapes my lips like a ruptured steam pipe, I look for room among the ashes to extinguish this miniature torch. I feel the warmth of the cherry on my finger tips and reminisce about my last encounter with the sun, I am parched and this cubicle has begun to asphyxiate my contemplative state...

 

I've decided to propel my restless figure to the front door of this tomb and get some industrial strength city air. "STIFF" is one word that can describe how I feel right now, it can also describe the contents of this magic elixir I've poured myself. A few minutes later glass in hand I open the portal to another world and I am confronted by a bright gray, sunless sky that requires I adjust my straining vision momentarily. The smell of moisture in the air occupies my nostrils with a pessimistic sense of a cleansing in progress, a light wind appears and caresses my body bringing on goosebumps galore and an assorment of mental memoirs that my brain mines the rich vein of childhood torment reminiscently. So I put my lips to the glass to try and wash away the past. After a steady down pour the rain has made way for this sloth like fog I observe creeping out of the sewers and corners...I used to believe that love was this elusive "WONDER" that you searched for. Well not only did I find love easily attainable and in various forms but even when you thought you were done with love, love wasnt done with you...

 

Love is beautiful and unconditinal and in other forms cruel,clingy,and possesive, punishment for attempting to flee it's advances.I set my glass and smokes on the table near the door, I am a little sweaty after a long night in that stuffy room, I pull off my t-shirt and hang it around my neck..."Clinck,Click" the sound of a metal zippo being opened and lit.I take a long drag, the smoke burns my throat and enters my lungs before being regurgitated in satisfaction.I grab the glass off the table and lean on the door way, slowly slithering, conforming to every curve in its path, I focus my attention on this silent ghost's seductive embrace of these child like building blocks.

 

I feel the discontent of envy rise up within me and unleash the green eyed monster.The simple act of two nonbreathing masses entwined in each other is more than I can handle.How can a soulless apparition deprived of emotional attachment and modern day cave dwellings with flesh and bone occupants be so lucky? I wasnt in search for love when we crossed paths but she made it so captivatingly wonderful and for the first time in my life I feel my grip on love slipping away...love has turned the tables on me and is withdrawing its approach.I hold fast to it, knowing that my actions have caused love to be repulsed by my mishandling of its gift.Shes had enough and wants to part ways . I've given her a taste of her own medicne and now this.How do I make love cherish me once more with out giving into it's wicked underside? I want her, I need her, without her I do not exist....without her..... I become a soulless apparition....   

© 2008 Juan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It was really good and you have the gift to win that Pulitzer Prize.

Posted 14 Years Ago


The description blew me away, how illustrated the emotions and actions in this perfect balance� and the attitude of character, the realness of it was amazing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow... bro this is really good. btw you spelled grip wrong. you wrote girp lol [ � 4 sent. 4 ] MY SPOON IS A BANANA!!! But seriously I like this a lot. : D

peace

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

411 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 27, 2008
Last Updated on July 21, 2008

Author

Juan
Juan

Greenfield, WI



About
Some find it disturbing, some find it amusing others are indifferent when they realize that my writing has a bit of fact to it..generally from my own experiences. Most importantly I'd like to say "I w.. more..

Writing
w.i.p. w.i.p.

A Story by Juan


Mass production.. Mass production..

A Story by Juan