my take on religion.

my take on religion.

A Story by Juan Santana
"

a comprised theory.

"
Mankind is scared. Our emotions and comfort zones are manufactured by our incapability to be completely independent. We are scared of any lack of knowledge and/or any flaws in what we already know, rather what we think we know. There is no valid knowledge of how we got here, thus we create an explanation for this. in each region of the primitive earth a theory was fabricated by the early human inhabitants. such examples of this are Buddhists, Christians, and any Polytheistic religions. this explanation allows us to feel comfortable with our lack of knowledge. it is the compensation we have become accustomed to in order to counteract our fears. for example, a young child is haunted by the ever-so-common fear of the dark. this fear is brought about within the child's consciousness because of the lack of knowledge of what can reside within the dark areas the child cannot see. the fear is thus a simple manifestation of the wonders the child dwells upon when pondering things they cannot possibly explain. as a parent to the child, an adult might then draw up a story of sorts that gives the child comfort. something that may or may not be along the lines "...and so the monsters won't be coming back because they're scared of me..." this theory can be applied to virtually all religions alive today, yet i am in no way trying to persuade or dissuade any person from believing their own specified beliefs, nor am i attempting to poke fun at their preferred religion. i am simply writing my own beliefs. i believe that religion is just a vehicle used to escape the fears or perpetual wonders of the world beyond that which we inhabit by means of explanation, and each variance in religious beliefs are created either independently or dependently by taking one's personal principles ,or the principles of a group, and outlining a story or set rules that they believe are right and should be followed. i also believe, however, that the only people who truly know, are those who are not here to relay; those who have moved on to that mysterious world mankind cannot explain. the world we fear.   

© 2011 Juan Santana


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Both the meaning and message of your thoughts and perspective are intriguing and interesting, and I would love to do a more constructive response and even dispute and discuss ideas of my own, however before I begin... the format of this is quite eye bleeding to be truthful. It really hurts to read because due to it being all bunch together I must admit. So before I write another review, please take the time to make your writing appealing to the reader in format so he doesn't have to struggle to read your works, after all you want to give away your ideas in the best way possible to be persuasive to the reader and so he can create thoughts of his own. An example of an excellent format to use is here:

http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/Akilei/814869/

How she breaks up her paragraphs and uses tabs is a source of amazing writing skills... and don't take this review to heart, I have trouble reading due to vision problems and possibly ADHD that I refuse medicine for, so understand my standpoint here. I do adore your writing, and please message me when you have made it more viewable.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Such a compelling perspective from such a young mind. The use of your vocabulary was suburb. A few punctuation errors here and there, but nothing an editor can't handle. Your opinion is very persuasive with the way you acknowledged the other side to this 'argument' while driving your main point throughout the paragraph, "i am in no way trying to persuade or dissuade any person from believing their own specified beliefs, nor am i attempting to poke fun at their preferred religion. i am simply writing my own beliefs." Also using an easily relatable situation most people have experienced as children helped readers understand the fundamentals of your belief. I do sense, however, a subtle need in your writers voice to be cultured into a somewhat over-the-top mature context. Try not to grow up so much that you lose your exclusive sense of creativity. Your logic is sound, but as a warning, don't become so infatuated with your own ideals that you become deaf to other timeless ones as well as staying keen to up-and-coming contemporary ideals. The key to timeless writing is when it comes true form the mind, body, and soul (and by soul I mean what ever it is that you discern to be the underlying foundation of all that exists in our world).

Posted 12 Years Ago


Completely agree with this. In no way do I wish to pass judgement on anyone's religious beliefs, but you really do have to wonder why people will blindly believe whatever they are told. In a way, religion inhibits people. They accept someone else's answers to certain questions rather than try and answer the questions themselves.



Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 24, 2011
Last Updated on October 24, 2011

Author

Juan Santana
Juan Santana

Ansonia, CT



About
To put it simply, i am indecisive. if a decision is to be made that involves emotion or choice, i fail to choose. and though my mind is, in my opinion, free of conventional thinking, yet blocked.. more..

Writing