The Jelly Craze

The Jelly Craze

A Story by Julia Ash
"

As George and his wife went on their trip abroad, George's old enemy Pal Palych is not losing his opportunity for revenge this time...

"


The Jelly Craze

“You’ll be sorry”, said the scarecrow as he watched George and his wife step onto the magic carpet.

“I’m so excited to go on vacation!” Exclaimed George’s wife Vasilisa as they got high into the air.

“Me too, dear.” Said, George, as he hugged Vasilisa.


Meanwhile, the scarecrow was still on the field when he saw two men approaching.

“That jelly is going to be so good.” Said the first man who was redheaded. His name was Mark.

“The only weird thing is it’s coming from underneath the ground.” Said the second man who had dark hair and bright gray eyes. His name was Michael.

“It doesn’t matter, the main thing that it is incredibly sweet and tasty.” Said, Mark, as he bent over a little fountain of running jelly.

“True, man.” Said Michael and joined his friend.

“Good evening gentlemen.” Said the Scarecrow as it got out of the bushes it was hiding behind.

Mark almost swallowed his spoon and Michael fell face down into the little jelly fountain.

“And what on earth are you?” Said, Michael, as he got up from the ground and was shaking the dirt off his pants.

“My name is Mr. Pal Palych. I was appointed by your king to look after the kingdom while the king is on his trip abroad.” Said the Scarecrow and moved closer to Mark and Michael to shake their hands.

“I see you like my jelly.” Said Pal Palych as he watched Mark and Michael collecting the jelly into the jars.

“Yes, it’s delicious!” Said, Mark, as he took another spoon of the jelly.

“How come it is yours?” Said, Michael, as he felt that something wasn’t right.

“My ancestors made this fountain a long time ago.” Said Pal Palych as he put his black hat on his pumpkin head.

“That’s why it is coming from underneath the ground?” Asked Michael feeling very weird towards the scarecrow.

“Dear boy, you ask too many questions.” Said Pal Palych and hit Michael on the head. As Michael fell down on the ground, Mark didn’t even say anything but was still licking his spoon.

“How do you like my jelly?” Asked Pal Palych watching Mark getting full spoons of jelly in his mouth.

“It is very good.” Mumbled Mark and didn’t even notice that his brother is lying knocked out on the ground.

“Good. Are you ready to go to the palace?”

“I thought you know the way.” Said Mark hiccupping.

“I do, but I forgot. It’s been a long time since I’ve been there.” Said Pal Palych unsure.

“Yeah, whatever. Let’s go.” Said Mark and grabbed another spoon full of jelly.

As they arrived at the palace, the scarecrow let Mark go get Michael and told him to go home. Pal Palych wasn’t going to bed, but he was thinking about how to spread the usage of jelly.

He knew that the biggest and the best quality of the jelly wasn’t the taste, but the mind control.

As you get the right dose of it, you start seeing the world through “pink glasses” meaning you see everything perfectly. Buildings, people, everything. But in reality, everything crumbling.

The current king can’t keep up with the kingdom, because he doesn’t have enough finances, but Pal Palych doesn’t need the finances, he has the jelly. The only thing he needs is the constant supply of it. And people would need to eat it every day, instead of regular food.

As Pal Palych was walking around the palace and thinking about his evil plan, the sun started to rise and for his plan to become real he needed both of those two stupid guys. But Michael could be pretty annoying, and he refuses to try the jelly so he needs to eat the right dose of jelly for Pal Palych be able to manipulate him.

“Good morning gentlemen!” Said Pal Palych with a smile as he welcomed them into the palace.

“Did you sleep well, my dear?” Asked Pal Palych Michael.

“Yes, but I don’t remember getting home from the field.” Said Michael rubbing the lump on his head.

“You fell down after you ate too much jelly and Mark took you home.” Said Pal Palych and as he passed the jelly to Michael. Michael accepted it but looked concerned before taking the first spoon.

“It is so good.” He said after finishing up the whole jar. His eyes turned pink, and the pupils were gone.

“Now you are good to go.” Said Pal Palych with a cunning smile and turned to Mark who’s already was licking the empty jar from the jelly.

“And you did it yourself, my dear boy.” He petted Mark on his shoulder.

“Let my plan begin.” Said Pal Palych and stepped outside with the boys.

The first thing Pal Palych did is got a lot of jelly supply and distributed it all around the stores, the restaurants, the buffets. He made all the food makers add a particular dose of jelly to every product. And slowly people became to see the things around the kingdom in a totally different way. The buildings looked new and fancy, the hospitals seemed to have a lot of new equipment and seemed like the architecture in the kingdom started to spread. A lot of museum were building, a lot of statues of influential people in the country, even a statue of Pal Palych.

“This is going well,” said Pal Palych to Mark who was standing next to him with an open mouth.

“Our kingdom has never been so pretty and organized!” Said Mark and walked to the statue of Pal Palych.

“I’m glad it is now.” Said Pal Palych with a wink.

“George isn’t a good king, not as good as you.” Said Michael looking at the sky.

“Guys, I have to tell you something very sad.” Pal Palych hugged the boys.

“Yes?” Said Mark looking up at Pal Palych.

“George and his wife crushed on the magic carpet yesterday night.” Said Pal Palych and petted his eyes with a handkerchief.

“Oh, no!” Said Michael and looked around. The jelly stopped working and he saw that the kingdom didn’t change at all.

“I know it’s very hard for you too. He practically was your brother.” Pal Palych said and looked down.

While Michael was still trying to understand what is happening, in the sky appeared magic carpet with George and his wife on it.

“Brother! He is here! He is alive!” Yelled Michael to Mark and was shaking him now.

Mark fell on the ground, and when he got up, the kingdom wasn’t like before. The buildings were falling, the streets are full of trash, just like always. Only the palace looked like before.

“What happened? Seems like I was dreaming, because everything in our kingdom looked new and organized.” Said Mark as he got up.

“It wasn’t a dream. It was the jelly.” Said Maichaeland turned to look at Pal Palych. But he wasn’t there. He wasn’t anywhere around.

“Hello dear brothers!” Said George and ran to give a hug to Michael and Mark.

“George! Brother!So good that you are back. We have so much to tell you.” Michael hugged George.

After all the greetings and hugs, the  guys told George everything about the scarecrow and the jelly. And the effect that jelly had on all the people in the kingdom.

“He escaped from the prison.” George rubbed his forehead.

“I’ll send the guards to catch him.” Said Michael because he was the head of al the guards in the kingdom.

“You do that, and me and Mark we’ll go and talk to the people. Seems like they are not pleased with what they see.” Said George, and they went to the square where all the people were protesting.


After an hour the people were calmed down and Pal Palych was caught.

“Hey Pal Palych. Long time no see. And seems like I won’t see you for a long time again. Bummer.” Said George with a smile and told the guards lock him.

“You’ll be sorry!” Said the scarecrow as George and the others watched him step onto the guards’ carriage.






© 2019 Julia Ash


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on March 19, 2019
Last Updated on March 19, 2019