A Dog Named Bowie

A Dog Named Bowie

A Story by Julia Weimerskirch
"

The story of a beautiful wonderful dog who unknowingly saves lives.

"

Bowie is a dog. He is a beautiful wonderful loving dog who helps my Professor with life. I know saying with life is a vague thing but that’s exactly what he does, he makes life easier for her and unknowingly, for me. Every Wednesday I wake up wondering if making it through the rest of the week. I wonder if I am going to be able to plaster the smile on my face that makes it so my friends want to continue to be friends with me. I wonder if I am going to turn to the razor that resides in my desk drawer to make myself feel something other than what I feel when I wake up in the morning. I wonder if the things that I think when I am alone are going to consume who I am. Until I walk into my 3:00 class on Wednesday nights. Until I see this beautiful, wonderful, boy who makes my life easier. 

When I walk in and see him sitting there in the front of the class, or visiting with another student, every single thing that I have thought that morning and into the afternoon is gone. Every thought I have had about, not wanting to be in this school or even on this earth, are gone. There is nothing that I can think about more than how much this beautiful wonderful dog makes my life seem bright. He sits next to me in class, always at an arm’s reach to where I can pet him. Most of the time when I pet him and then stop, he places a single paw on my thigh to tell me that I am not done petting him yet. This simple action warms my heart and makes it so that I think about other things. Sometimes when he sits across the classroom, he yawns and then shakes his head. His ears are long, so they make a noise when he does this because they hit the side of his face. 

My Professor does not know the things that go through my mind every morning when I wake up. She does not know that seeing this dog for two hours once a week makes every day more bearable. This Professor does not know what this dog does for me, but I wish she did. I wish she could know that her beautiful wonderful dog that helps her every day, helps me and many other students with the things that we struggle with most when we are alone. She does not know this, but the dog that she brings that is not mine, make it so that I can make it through the week. 

© 2019 Julia Weimerskirch


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

IMO, fur babies make the best therapy dogs, baby sitters. They require little and add so much. Thanks for making us more aware of the benefits of pets and their parts in our lives. I have 2 and they are more like my children than my children. I'm 69 and my wife 66 is and our lives are made full with these 2. Keep up your life and sharing these kinds of thoughts. Much hope to you in your life, keep up petting that baby!

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

19 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 26, 2019
Last Updated on September 26, 2019

Author

Julia Weimerskirch
Julia Weimerskirch

Costa Mesa, CA



About
I am 22 years old and attend a small university in Southern California. I love to write and have a small cat who rules almost everything I do. more..

Writing