Evermore & Forevermore

Evermore & Forevermore

A Story by JulianaSun
"

Love...Soulmates...How many of you really believe in all of this?

"

Evermore & Forevermore


I would like to sit down at my desk, take a sheet of paper - pure and unblemished like the love I have been safekeeping for you - and write the letter, I should have sent you years ago.


My hand will tremble at first, because it is never easy to peel back the layers of your soul and show someone the core, the essence of who you are. But, despite the shaky hand and the reluctance in my heart, I would start writing the letter.


I would tell you I love you, even though I haven' met you yet, because you are the only perfect person roaming the earth. The perfect person for me.


I would tell you, I'm but a lonely soul who's been waiting for someone to make me feel whole, and that I don't want to leave this world with half a heart, because the other side is too dark and too much of a mystery to face on my own, and I have never been praticularly brave.


I would tell you that even if I don't look like much, I'm fierce when having to defend the one I love.


I would tell you that despite being selfish and conceited at times, I would forget my pride if I had to fight for you.The one I've been waiting for... The one I love...


I would tell you that I have been dreaming about you, and praying for you to exist and for God to keep you safe and sound.


I would tell you that I know it's not easy to love someone, but that I would love you true and with no pretense and no demands. Unconditionally.


I would not throw myself into your arms, and cry that you're my soul mate, and that you should never leave me. I would let you judge for yourself, for soul mates always know if they belong with each other.


I would tell you that even if you make me the happiest person in the world, I would never keep you by my side if you didn't feel the same anymore. Love should be neither obsession, nor possession. Love should be kindness, the strength to put the other one's happiness above yours.


I would tell you, that I would love no matter what, and I would pray for you until the end of my days, because a world in which you do not exist, is too hollow...too grim...too unbearable.


I would ask you to think about me one minute a day, so that we may find each other faster.


After writing all this, I would fold the letter, slip it into an envelope and set it on fire. Then, I would take the ashes and spread it in the wind, hoping its twirls would carry them to you. My love. My one and only. The one I am waiting for.

© 2015 JulianaSun


Author's Note

JulianaSun
The inspiration for this poem visited me one rainy afternoon when I was feeling particularly down. And lonely. And miserable. This piece was initially posted at Writing.com.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! Really heart touching. I can see a girl all alone with a hope of finding true love.. A love which is not selfish.. Just want to keep the lover happy even though his happiness is not with you..wonderful feeling.. .A true love

Posted 8 Years Ago


JulianaSun

8 Years Ago

Thank you for the wonderful review. True love is like a rare gem, and I think only a few of us are f.. read more
Sparsa Chowdary

8 Years Ago

Yeah., so true :-)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
1 Review
Added on July 17, 2015
Last Updated on July 17, 2015
Tags: Soulmate, love, happiness