A Message From a Daughter to Her Father

A Message From a Daughter to Her Father

A Poem by JulieNorell

How could you not tell me? How could you leave out the most precious detail? That your life is soon to end? That something in your body is eating away at you slowly? That the father I loved so dearly, who doesn’t seem to care about anything, who never really took care of me, who I loved so much that I required nothing in return for my loyalty, would soon cease to exist? Who’s soul would be judged and take into some far off place where I could never confide in again? You could fix this…There is still time. Sell the possessions you have wasted so much of your life collecting, pay the debt so that you can be fixed and I will not have to spend to-many-a-night crying for you. I know you have your problems, your mind is not fully sane, but please, please, fix yourself! I love you with all of my heart. Don’t leave me like this. Fix it! You have cause me much pain and disappointment in the past, but I have NEVER, NEVER given up on you. You are my beloved father, no matter how many mistakes you make, no matter how much my heart breaks when you cause commotion at a family gathering, or make things unnecessarily awkward. I love you. We all do. If we did not, would we still call you and say that we love you? Even If I don’t see you often enough. Even if my hectic life doesn’t allow me to call you every night and ask how you are feeling, I love you! This is not a secret you should keep! Even if you were trying to spare me suffering I would just be thinking,”He knew, he knew and he didn’t tell me!” My heart aches at the thought of you not there anymore.

Fix it…Pull yourself together and fix it! Sell the cars and all of the precarious junk! I know this seems to be a hateful thing intended to hurt, it isn’t. It is my plea for you to save yourself!

This is a message from a daughter to her father; know that I love you…Always.

© 2011 JulieNorell


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"whose soul would be judged and taken to some far off place where I could never confide in again"....this is a great piece of writing, it hits home for me and I am glad you shared this!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
1 Review
Added on February 3, 2011
Last Updated on March 1, 2011