Work makes me Sick

Work makes me Sick

A Story by Beka
"

A conversation with my boss.

"

I'am an employee of Wal-Mart and get paid very well, get decient benifits, and work wonderful hours.
Oklahoma has been perticularly evil this year when it comes to the weather.

So I have been ill quite often of late.

So naturally because I work with people and their goods I called into work because my doctor ORDERED me to not return for so many days.

I informed my manager of this.

Gave her my note.

And missed the days I was informed I had to miss.

I had strepthroat.

Yesterday my boss tracked me down before I clocked in.

Made me clock in early.

And escorted me to her office.

I have been working at Wal-Mart for roughly 7 months.

I'm a good employee and my customers love me.

I have missed 7 days of work during the duration of my employment.

5 with doctors notes for why I missed.

2 for school activities with little advancement.

I got written up for misconduct.

I am not allowed to miss another day of work until October.

Or I will be terminated.

I can't seem to understand why it is that a doctors note is not excused.

I asked.

"Because you're still missing work, weither it is for a headache or your throwing up, your still missing work and that is enexcuseable."

So based on the information I have gatherd.

I'am to come to work when I can barely walk, have a serious illness, and am contagious.

Or I will lose my job.

I'm a cashier.

© 2008 Beka


Author's Note

Beka
True Story. You want things that are evil about Wal-Mart there you have it. It says right in our CBL's that we are not to come to work if contagious and have a doctors note. But it did not inform us that we will be fired if we do as we are told.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

That is scary. I wouldn't want my cashier to have strep throat and handle money and then pass it on to me. Not to mention the fact that strep throat can be dangerous if you don't take care of it and it gets worse. I hear horror stories of Wal Mart, and it's my understanding that is why they don't want you guys to have a union. That is why we have one at my company. We are protected from things like this. I will pray for your health, that you don't get sick before October, and also pray for Wal Marts customers, because they have many stores in many states and the ability to make many sick. Take care of yourself.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I here these kind of stories all the time. Someone told me that there boss told them, anyone can get a Dr's note these days and they give out pills for anything to....you have to be in the hospital close to death before they might show sympathy...I was shocked. It's sad that there are those who are really sick can't be excused,but be we other's who abusesick time by calling in because they partied to much last night and now have a hangover. Union's are nice, but not many company's like them so here we are stuck...the one's who don't mind working . Hope everything works out for you. Will keep you in my prayers.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That is scary. I wouldn't want my cashier to have strep throat and handle money and then pass it on to me. Not to mention the fact that strep throat can be dangerous if you don't take care of it and it gets worse. I hear horror stories of Wal Mart, and it's my understanding that is why they don't want you guys to have a union. That is why we have one at my company. We are protected from things like this. I will pray for your health, that you don't get sick before October, and also pray for Wal Marts customers, because they have many stores in many states and the ability to make many sick. Take care of yourself.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 9, 2008
Last Updated on May 9, 2008

Author

Beka
Beka

Where Ever my mind is most comfortable pretending to be., OK



About
My name is Rebekha and I am a mass of contradictions and I suffer from the constant memories of my passed lives. (Not ones where you turn into insects or animals) I believe it is what inspires me to .. more..

Writing
Control Control

A Poem by Beka


Kiss My Neck Kiss My Neck

A Poem by Beka


The Lost Poem The Lost Poem

A Poem by Beka