My Homeless Heart.

My Homeless Heart.

A Poem by Juliet.

Looking into your mysterious, kaleidoscope eyes, my soul becomes as empty as a beating drum, his face travelled and wondered, but it disclosed no answers like he had yet to figure out his purpose for breathing.
My collection of dead letters try to explain it to you, but each end up as chalk lines on the floor, faint memories of the words I tried to convince you to stay with, but alas they did not work.
I am the shadow's identity, and you are the superstar. I am ignored, you are the blissful ignorance. And yet you notice me, you say you love me. You hand me red ribbon to tie around my wrists, and let fall past my bruised knees, like I am your prisoner, but I am free.
A sweet sort of freedom that you have handed me, and when I stare at you, your eyes are already on my pale skin that is waiting for your delicate touch.
I then realized that the drowning I had felt, was because you had been holding me under. Drowning me, softly, slowly, begging me to hold on, for forgiveness. That he was only trying to save me, yet the risk in doing it was high.
I suppose I must forgive him for that, mustn't I? For if I am the wilted rose, then he is what is going to bring me life again.

© 2010 Juliet.


Author's Note

Juliet.
idk what happened to the font the first time, hm.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i couldnt see the writting. :/

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
1 Review
Added on July 23, 2010
Last Updated on July 23, 2010

Author

Juliet.
Juliet.

Manchester, United Kingdom



About
I am Juliet, writer of all things beautiful and lovely. I like pretty dresses and rock music, bruised knees and long red ribbon, blue converse laces and windy days, old paper and narwhals. more..