In Love With a Hoe

In Love With a Hoe

A Story by JALP
"

My perfect girlfriend has one small issue

"

Before anyone gets on my case about it, I am not calling my girlfriend a hoe. I love that girl more than she can possibly imagine and I feel like she feels the same way every time she says, “I love you.” No on the other hand this beautiful human being calls herself a hoe because of what she did before. It is I who has spent months trying to convince her that she has done nothing wrong. The question you might have is why does she say this about herself? Did she sleep around? Did she mess around with multiple guys? No, she believes she is a hoe because she had one boyfriend and waited little less than 4 months before she got with me.

This makes me feel weird, because it doesn’t seem like she feels bad about herself, rather that she is trying to apologize to me for having said boyfriend. I told her, “of course it would be nice to be your first love, but that doesn’t change how much I love you right now and that I want to be your last.”

In the past few weeks this has been less of an issue especially compared to when we started going out.

Another interesting thing is that while my girlfriend waited 4 months to find a new boyfriend, in myself, her ex has had two girlfriends in the meantime. This is a clear representation of the double standard on women having different partners.

It disgust me that she has to worry about being a hoe, while he is considered more of a man for moving on and having as many girlfriends as he wants. I just want her to know that she is an amazing and distinguished girl who really has overthought everything too much to the point she hurts herself. She is a UCLA bound student ranked second in our class and has the potential to change this world and I want her to understand that not by these words but by showing her that she is in a new phase of her life and should put behind her past experiences on using them to learn from them.

© 2016 JALP


Author's Note

JALP
First writing piece that I did that's not for school purposes. Need a place to express what I have on my mind. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your writing is great and I love that your title makes everything catchy. That girl loves you and appreciates you so much. However, you kinda messed up on the spacing at the last paragraph.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

472 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 29, 2016
Last Updated on June 30, 2016
Tags: Double Standards, Girlfriend

Author

JALP
JALP

Los Angeles , CA



About
I am a person who grew up in south central L.A. and has experience a lot of the beauty but also the ugly sides of this city. I am currently attending Dartmouth college and will use this as a way to re.. more..

Writing
Glass Half Empty Glass Half Empty

A Story by JALP


Dear Mom Dear Mom

A Story by JALP