Think Of You

Think Of You

A Poem by RunawayWriter

I used to think the only thing I'd remember about you was the way we ended.
I'd think of you and think of all the hurt you put me through and all the nights I cried myself to sleep.
I thought I'd dream of you and relive the pain I felt when you left me without a goodbye.
I'd feel my heart drop when I heard your name and I honestly thought I'd hate you for leaving me in your past.
I thought I needed to hurt you the way you hurt me, but I can't.
I want to forget I ever loved you yet I know I probably never will.
I think of you and remember all the phone calls we had until 3 in the morning, when all of our secrets came out.
I hear your name and imagine the smile that came across my face the very first time I heard it.
I think of you and see the way you kissed me and held my hand, remembering you used to feel like home to me.
I see you and think of what life would be like with you still in it.
I see your number and it takes everything thing I have not to text you.
I watch you run by oblivious of my presence and remember the times you couldn't stop looking at me.
I wish I could hate you but I know that will never happen.


© 2016 RunawayWriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on July 6, 2016
Last Updated on July 6, 2016

Author

RunawayWriter
RunawayWriter

Canada



Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by RunawayWriter


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by RunawayWriter