Friends Like Geronimo

Friends Like Geronimo

A Poem by Juliah B
"

Poet's hypothetical based on a book series I see around quite often, called Geronimo Stilton. It's a kids series and I wanted to add something on my page to honor these pages of genius and excitement.

"

Let's say you are walking around your house:

You sit down, get up, wander throughout...

Then you find the table, and also something to think about;

The book on the table, an orange, gray, and white hardback,

About the size of the average foot; you pick it up and put it back

 

On the table, swirling with thoughts as you take in the cover and its title--

It reminds you of Geronimo, so much so

That as you find a seat on the couch cushion,

You ask yourself quietly if maybe he's in this one.

"Open the front and find out,"

You hear the voice, urgent, but not too menacing.

 

You wait a moment, wondering, "Why do I doubt?"

Maybe it's time for you to stop thinking.

And so you open it!

The adventure begins as your eyelashes flutter like butterflies

And your eyes go back and forth, they so flit,

Your mind trying to find where exactly reality could fit

Inside these pages that don't seem to be real.

Don't worry about it! Turn your imagination cogs, spin those wheels!

 

In only a few hours, on the couch again,

The book is finished, and you think about your friends:

 

"I wish I had friends who so loved this kind of adventure;

I'll take a kid or someone grown,

If only I don't have to live alone

In the adventure ahead; I'd take a him or her,

I'd take absolutely anyone, whoever

Is willing to cross the wobbling waterfall top's stones."

 

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a friendly mouse?

Don't we all wish we had friends like Geronimo!

© 2023 Juliah B


Author's Note

Juliah B
I ask for this one, please add any polite critiques on how I might have done better that you can think of. Positive comments are also welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A wonderful poem shared dear Juliah. I agree. We need friends who want to test life and do great adventures. I take my grandchildren everywhere to test life and have fun. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry. Nothing as wonderful as a good book to read.
Coyote

Posted 10 Months Ago


I love this so much! I used to read the Geronimo Stilton books so much as a kid, even the Thea Stilton books as well. If only we had those kinds of friends fictional characters have in the books!



Posted 10 Months Ago


I so relate to this. Even as a kid, I wouldn't always pick up a book...but usually when I would, I would read the whole series, one after another...for me it was the Hardy Boys mysteries...written by the same person who wrote the Nancy Drew books but under a different pseudonym Franklin W. Dixon.
A friendly mouse would make me uncomfortable...could we have a different pet?
I live alone with my cat, but am never alone because I always have a little stack of books waiting for my attention.

Posted 10 Months Ago


pretty cool. it can be hard to find friends who like what we like. often times the book becomes our friend. one would do well to have a friend such as him. he certainly wasn't afraid to stand his ground. what happened to the american indian a sad tragic injustice. they had so much respect for truth and nature. well said ... :)

favorite -

I'd take absolutely anyone, whoever
Is willing to cross the wobbling waterfall top's stones."

Posted 10 Months Ago


Juliah B

10 Months Ago

One of my favorite attributes to see in a human being is the ability to stand up for what one believ.. read more
Pete

10 Months Ago

it takes courage to stand up and go against the grain. most of us cave in ... :)
Juliah B

10 Months Ago

I hope you and I can become two of those who don't cave. Thanks Pete :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 16, 2023
Last Updated on June 16, 2023
Tags: adventure, friendship, loneliness, books, imagination

Author

Juliah B
Juliah B

MI



About
Hi. I'm a teen writer who began her journey as a writer at the age of 12 and has loved all forms of art ever since. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be the same person without poetry. Besides poetry, I also.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Nirvana Nirvana

A Poem by Hebe