I can't remember our last kiss

I can't remember our last kiss

A Story by prachi prangya agasti
"

They both knew at this point he couldn’t stay but she was tired of watching him walk away.

"

He was searching frantically for her at the airport and heard the final boarding call for her plane. He was late, wasn’t he and she was leaving. Even when he can’t be with her, he didn’t want her to leave just yet. He ran towards the boarding gate and all the passengers had boarded the plane. His heart was breaking with every passing second. She walked away but why wouldn’t she?

His eyes then landed on her sitting at a corner near the gate terminal.

“You changed your mind…” he breathed out.

“I can’t remember the last time we kissed,”

“What?”

“I can’t remember our last kiss. I was leaving and all I could think about was I can’t remember our last kiss which is pathetic. But the last time we were happy and I wanna be able to remember that and I can’t Chris. I can’t remember it.” She sighed and looked at him. He caught her eyes, and the conversation through their stare mattered like it was the only thing. He hesitated and said, “I am glad you aren’t leaving,” and he started walking away. She hung her head, she didn’t give up, and she was walking away because she was tired of watching him be with someone else. So she had made a conscious choice to honor herself.

Her eyes welled up when she heard his voice again, “It was Monday morning. I knocked on your door. You were wearing a baggy t shirt that hung till your knees. Water was dripping from your hair and it smelled so good as I brought you close. I can’t remember that familiar smell. We looked into each other’s eyes, leaned into each other and kissed like our breaths were of little consequence. I was late but the kiss was kind of like habit, something we are used to doing for rest of our lives. That was the last time we kissed.” He smiled half-heartedly and looked at her again like one of those, like it was impossible for him to be without her, like his heart was breaking but he then started to walk away. They both knew at this point he couldn’t stay but she was tired of watching him walk away.

“French Lavender. My hair smelled like lavender from the hair wash I use.” She spoke loud enough for him to turn around and hear.

“Lavender. Oh.” He said and then paused for a moment as if he would say something more and then walked away. But she couldn’t, not yet.

 

© 2018 prachi prangya agasti


Author's Note

prachi prangya agasti
Thank you for the reviews

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A wonderful story shared Prachi. You set-up the story with skill and tenderness. Thank you for sharing the amazing story.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


prachi prangya agasti

5 Years Ago

Thanks so much
Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

You are welcome.
It's really good to read your work, I enjoyed it...very good job Prachi, keep sharing

Posted 5 Years Ago


prachi prangya agasti

5 Years Ago

Thank you....
love the way you wrote it...
the way the last kiss is described..
its short but has that aroma of sweetness, the love the sadness everything... like a spicy tea ...


i will come to read more of your work :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


prachi prangya agasti

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much...:-)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

271 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 6, 2018
Last Updated on June 6, 2018
Tags: impossible love, walking away, hurting

Author

prachi prangya agasti
prachi prangya agasti

bhubaneswar, chandrasekharpur, India



About
The person I am is the result of finite process of tests with no limits to its experiences. And the better aspect of the person I am can be reflected by the words of my family and friends. May be my i.. more..

Writing