When There Was Me and Him

When There Was Me and Him

A Story by Junert
"

When you believe in something so much and you wake up to realise it was all a lie....

"
At fifteen I got attracted to the internet cafe. The internet became my love. Browsing was so fun. I would find a lot of strange things. It was my second classroom. Then it gave me love.
A boy a year older than me saw a profile of me on one of those sites. He wooed me good or I thought it was good. I was quiet naive about such things then. And was so new to the whole boy girl thing that every mail, every IM, every word of them tingled me from deep within. Then I loved him. Very much. And after a year of dating over the internet with no pictures we met. It was a terrible moment. Was all my fault.
But I loved him still, and He did too. I believed he did. I swore he did. Thought we were 'we', that we could never be separated. I thought at that young age that I had found my husband. But how stupid I was. There was never a 'we', there was never a me and him. There was only me. A child me, an ignorant me, a loveless me.

There is a me still, but a better me. A stronger beautiful confident ME. And I do not need that 'him'.

© 2014 Junert


Author's Note

Junert
Just want to wake up my writing, something to get me starting.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love it, like the punch of hope at the end of the story. The moral of the story is down to earth. I love the internet, I love tech, but if a person doesn't watch what they do on the internet it can be a source of all kinda vices. thanks for sharing

Posted 8 Years Ago


A feisty and defiant write from someone who has grown well.

Posted 8 Years Ago


i love every bit of ur story

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

383 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 16, 2014
Last Updated on August 16, 2014
Tags: love, lies, heartbreak

Author

Junert
Junert

Tema, Greater Accra, Ghana



About
I'm intrested in writing and reading fictional novels. Also wants to make friends with people with such intrests. more..

Writing
My Carolina My Carolina

A Poem by Junert


Ewe Ewe

A Poem by Junert