Memories.

Memories.

A Story by L
"

My parents got divorced last year.. This is quite personal. I debated with myself whether to classify it a a poem or a story. It is not quite either but i will let you decide what to describe it as.

"
Peace and quiet. This i remember. The stillness of mind. How it makes my heart tender. The memories, experience of joy almost unbearable for I have known so much love here. 
How it saddens me to look upon these fields of yellow and green that surround me. 
To se the house, the grass, the trees and the details that define them, that makes them unique, that makes them mine. The power they hold! My past, my present, my future. 
Me - a reflection and I am frail now that i realize. 
I feel so much - the joy, the dread, the regrets - they fill my body, my mind all at once and i cannot breathe for i se the people now. 
My father with joy on his face. How long it has been, how long i have waited to experience this once more. 
My mother for whom i hold love in a quantity that makes it impossible for me to describe her. 
Together. 
They seem happy, they have love? 
My sister - unaware. 
Me... I have joy. I have happiness. I am blind. I have joy!
Shout the truth? 
"They do not love eachother!" 
"Hold on tight!"
"Everything changes!"
I se myself laughing and I cannot bare to do it. 
I cannot stay because of the memories.
I cannot leave because of the memories. 
They tear me apart.
I fall apart.
I stand with silent tears.
I wait.

© 2014 L


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on May 11, 2014
Last Updated on May 11, 2014
Tags: love, hurt, joy, sad, sadness, happy, happiness, memories, regrets, remember, divorce

Author

L
L

About
Just read. If i tell you about myself the stories will be predictable. more..

Writing
1. Mysteries 1. Mysteries

A Story by L


Inferno Inferno

A Story by L


Lonely Pine Tree Lonely Pine Tree

A Poem by L