What Is Love

What Is Love

A Story by Kay Kay
"

Just what I think love is.

"
What is love ?
This is an age-old question that almost everyone has asked at some point from the curious 5 year old boy to the 18 year old girl who just had a first love to the 45 year old widower who just about gave up on life.
So let me tell you what I think love is.
Love is magic, I know it's a cliche but let me explain to you why I think so.
I personally think that love is over rated by the movies and romantic movies. In movies, love is all about sweaty palms and butterflies in your stomach. It's about the stolen kisses and secret smiles and yeah it's all romantic but is that all love is?
Maybe love starts at a spark but just like a fire spark alone isn't enough to keep the fire going. You need to take care of the fire and maintain it and that's what makes a relationship work.
I don't think relationships should be hard work. It should come to you as easily as maintaining a friendship. If you are crying over your love maybe you need to think over it. I know that possessiveness and jealousy are simply something that comes along with any relationship but the magnitude of it matters. I hope to be in a love that I don't have to prove anything to my partner.
Love should be something simple and effortless and natural. I want a love that has no drama - maybe that's over ambitious so maybe just less drama. We should be able to talk about world peace to plans for our future in one dinner.
I do like a chivalrous man but I prefer a man who makes me laugh than a man who opens doors for me.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to date someone who is just the exactly like me minus the image and gender. He doesn't even have to take my stance in all discussions as long as he tries to understand my view and respects it.
Love shouldn't be difficult. You don't have to pray to find out if he is the right one. You don't have to put him through tests. If he is the right now you don't need anyone or anything to make you realize that.
A young couple sitting on the corner seat whispering to each other is cute but that old could couple walking together holding each other's hand is what makes you tear.
I do like good looking men just like everyone else and I would love to say that he had me tripping at first glance or that he has me at hello but I don't think that would be possible. Because what I said before in infatuation and for love there needs to be a deeper connection and a better understand than that.
Now let me tell you why love is like magic, Magic is something that never gets boring and something that's eternal, something you don't understand but love anyways. And that's what love it to me.
I love flowers and chocolates and romantic vacations but sitting on a couch, eating leftover and watching reruns of an old tv show sounds way more appealing.
I want a love that's boring and comfortable, a love where we find part of ourselves in each other. Someone who I can get bored with and yet spend all my time with. A love that's seems like nothing on the outside but is everything inside.

Maybe this is just an 18 year old girl's fantasy. Maybe I'm too naive or inexperienced but this is how I feel and hopefully I would get in the near future.

© 2014 Kay Kay


Author's Note

Kay Kay
First writing so all comments welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on November 19, 2014
Last Updated on November 19, 2014
Tags: Love, rant, newwriter

Author