Mrs. Munoz's Interrogation with the Officer

Mrs. Munoz's Interrogation with the Officer

A Story by Anonymous
"

An officer's interrogation with a cold-hearted killer takes a dramatic turn.

"
The woman sat in the chair, her arms crossed and her left leg rested on the right, so she looked like she had been tied into a knot, and though she was not bound with metal, nor rope, she seemed bound by the almost palpable tensity of the room. It affected her more than she wished to let on, as was evident in the nervous way her right leg bounced, up and down, up and down, as if dancing a jig, and her fingernails dug into the bare skin of her shoulders. 
Her hair was jet black, her eyes hazel, her lips painted bright red, and her gaze was peircing. It fell upon the officer as he stepped into the room, and it made him nervous. He edged a little closer to the gaurds keeping watch, standing on both sides of the entrance. They were heavily armed, because this woman was dangerous, much more than she seemed. 
A cold-hearted psphycopath- or sociopath, whatever you chose, the cheif had called her. They had been looking for Munoz for months now. She had killed more than 6 men over such a short period of time; posion was a silent killer, and hard to track. Luckily, officer Larcy had seen her just the night before, and they had found her at a warehouse, burying the body of her latest victim along with the 5 others. The officer sat down in a chair opposite from Mrs. Munoz. He put his notepad on the table, and held a pen ready in his right hand. 
"Mrs. Munoz." The sharp-gazed woman leaned in closer to the interviewer.
"Mr. Hanson." The officer tried not to show his suprise, but still, taken aback that she knew his last name, his clutch on his pen tightened. He looked down at the case files he had set on the table.
"It says here you have murdered five men over the course of the last 13 weeks. Tell me, why did you do it?" The woman pursed her lips, but did not respond. Instead, she induldged in another nervous habit of hers; setting her fists palm down on the table, she tapped the wood with her fingers. She eyed the gaurds standing by the exit, and with a nod from the officer, they left the room to stand just beyond the entrance, out of earshot and out of sight.
"Listen, lady, I can help you here. All you have to do is tell me why you murded those 6 men, and if you only just tell us your motives, we might begin to understand each other better. Things will be easier for you, trust me, if you just tell the truth." The woman snorted at this, her right hand coming off the table, her face twisted into an expression of amusment.
"What you really want is for me to say that I killed those 6 men. Telling you my motives for commiting a crime would be just the same as admitting that I commited it." 
"And did you? Commit the crime? Mrs. Munoz, did you kill those men?" 
"You really think you could just get me to say I did within the first 5 minutes of the interragation?" Mr. Hanson scribbeled some notes down in his notebook as she spoke. "Well, fine than. I'll say it then. I killed those men." She leaned in closer to him. 
"Do you want to hear a secret?" Mr. Hanson tensed. "I actually, didn't kill any of the men. I just admitted to their murder because really, Mrs. Munoz deserves the punishment. And I did kill somebody. I killed Mrs. Munoz. And let me tell you, it is amazing to be in a young woman's body again. It's so new, and, it's been awhile. Did you know that Mr. Roach was 56 years old? He felt so- wrinkly." The officer, sweating now, didn't move. His pen and notepad were dropped onto his lap, abandonded in his fear. This lady was really far off the deep end. 
"Ahh, anyways," she smiled dangerously. "It was all a means to an and. Because now, I am here." She brought her right hand up to his face, clutched it. Her fingernails were sharp. "With you. You will be very usefull in bringing me to where I need to go next. Your daughter, Maria, is such a pretty young girl, has has such a perfect body to grow up it." Mr. Hanson's eyes lit up at mention of his daughter, and he grabbed his pen. Before he could stab the woman, though, she clutched his left arm to stop him. 
"Let me tell you one more thing." Her left hand, which had remained clenched and on the table the entire time, unfurled to reveal a very small needle, a cloudy grey liquid sloshing inside. She stabbed it into his arm. "Posion is a b***h."

Mr. Hanson sat across from his boss, the sherrif.
"And you're telling me she had a vial in her hand, filled with posion?" Mr. Hanson nodded.
'Yes. And she almost killed me with it. I was defending myself when I stabbed her with her own needle, after she had stabbed me, of course. The posion had no effect on me, for some reason."
"How would something like that get past our gaurds?" 
"I don't know, sir." A breif pause as the sherrif considered. 
"Yes. Well, with Mrs. Munoz taken well care of, there will be no trial. You may be dismissed." The officer got up from the sherrifs desk, and left the office, heading to his own cubicle. Sitting in his chair, he turned on his computer and went to homescreen.  Snatching a sticky note, he wrote, his pen clutched in his left hand, a reminder to get the myserious buldge on his arm checked out- as he wrote on the sticky note, it was painful. As he wrote very clearly on the sticky note, he was feeling pains and was hoping he didn't suddenly die soon, to the delayed symptoms of the posion. He left the sticky note on his desk and prepared to leave the office; only one more thing to take care of. As he set to writing up a police report for the interigation with Miss Munoz, his right leg bounced up and down, up and down, as if dancing a jig.

© 2023 Anonymous


Author's Note

Anonymous
Let me know if you saw the twist coming, or if the last part (separated from the rest of the story by a space) was at all surprising or if any of it confused you at all.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I didn't see the twist coming! This is a good story! It's well written, too. Would you classify this as horror? I don't want to give any spoilers so, I won't mentioned why I asked. It wasn't confusing, but it was perfectly subtle. Just enough to make the reader go, "Hey, wait a minute. Did I read that right?" I really enjoyed this and am looking forward to reading the rest of your work.

Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 31, 2022
Last Updated on January 18, 2023