His Hands

His Hands

A Story by Justine

 

Getting easily distracted, I watch as you chop the onion. your hands moving smoothly with the knife, my mind begins to wander. I could watch your hands for hours, the thought of tracing and playing with your fingers, exploring, makes me smile.

A man’s hands are an amazing feature to me. They can be so gentle, calming and comforting but in a split moment can be cruel and fearful when needed.

Again my mind again goes back to the thought of slipping my fingers between yours.

You glance over at me, I am quickly pulled back into my body. I’ve been caught and you know I know it, I see it in your playful grin. I try to hide my embarrassed smile with my curls but it only grows bigger at my attempt, I feel so silly. I hear you chuckle as you toss the onion into the sizzling pan behind me.

I need to do something, anything, I take the cutting board and knife to the sink to rinse them off. I feel an awkward silence. It’s me, I’m creating it. The pan gets louder as you add the chicken. My mind beginning to wander back to your hands, as the awkwardness seems to slowly go away.

 

“Hey, you, I think the knife and cutting board are clean.”

“huh? Oh right, yea, sorry.”

You chuckle again as I turn to dry them, you glance at me as you flip the chicken causing my cheeks to get warm, I’m sure you have me blushing.

“You got quiet there, you okay?”

“Yeah I’m good, my mind kinda wandered away with me.”

“I can tell,” you smile and I feel myself gettig a deeper shade of red.

I slip past you to put the cutting board back and the knife in the knife block. I hear you set the spatula down and step up behind me. Slipping an arm around my shoulders you kiss the side of my head.

“I like cooking with you.” I smile finally not feeling silly or awkward.

“I just hope you like doing the dishes with me just as much” I wink and you laugh kissing my head again turning to go get plates, as I dig out silverware from the drawer.

 

© 2008 Justine


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That was cute! Very fun and flirty. I find myself doing that with my husband too. The amazing thing about men is how sexy they are without really trying or realizing it. Great write!

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 12, 2008

Author

Justine
Justine

CA



About
"If you wore your heart and mind outside on your forehead they'd ALL be lining up just to get a glimpse."{[♥]} **** My style of writing, if I def.. more..

Writing