In Her Room

In Her Room

A Story by Justine

 

Closing the bedroom room door behind her she plopped down onto her bed looking at the ceiling, her chest heavy, her heart and soul alone and feeling broken. She rolled onto her side reaching over she turned her stereo on, and cranked it up. No one was home anyway. rolling back onto her back, her eyes to the ceiling again. Her head slowly nodded to the sound, to the beat of the the drums and guitar.

Her shoulders following in the rhythm, her lips mouthing the words as the song started.

The song hit the first chorus, the intensity of the sound entering her ears, her mind. Her curls brushing her cheeks back and forth to her movement, blocking all other thoughts leaving her with no care, no pain in her world. her lips moving to the lyrics that fit in her heart and soul so perfectly, so intensely. Her face taking shape with each deep lyric. This was another side of her, under no ones eyes, or judgment here in her room it was just her and the music.

By the time the chorus was repeated the beat was flowing through her veins, stringing back together the pieces of her heart and soul, leaving them satisfied.

 

 

A knock at her door and then it opened. “Would you please turn that down?” her mother asked, now home and closed the door. She rolled over as the song ended and turned it down low, laughing softly. Whatever had happened, her chest was no longer tight nor was she feeling so alone, her world no longer so painful. Here with the music in her room all was okay.

© 2008 Justine


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love it! I do that too! Sometimes it seems like music is the only thing that can relax me. Again, a great one to relate to. Beautiful.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 12, 2008

Author

Justine
Justine

CA



About
"If you wore your heart and mind outside on your forehead they'd ALL be lining up just to get a glimpse."{[♥]} **** My style of writing, if I def.. more..

Writing