The Blue

The Blue

A Story by Firecrystal1092
"

The Blue is about a young teen taking an afternoon run thinking about the many questions of life and figuring out that happiness is not about life's questions but life's adventures.

"
                                

                                                    The Blue


 School just another thing people had to go through that did not make much sense to a young teen, she was fine with her studies and excelled at track and field even beating a   few variety  champions. Still, every now and then there was this empty feeling, like all her  acomplishments meant nothing. 

After all High school was another hurtle to jump through and if people did not jump in time they might fine themselves in a job they can never escape from. But, that life was not for her. No, she longed for a more higher purpose. But, then again, didn't everyone?

Barba Tompsion did not seem like a very special name, infact people with the name often had desk jobs. She wondered how names came about? Why be given an idenity if all that was left for everyone was be turned into ashes or burried under the ground. 

All these questions had started to swim around her head after her best firend had asked her out of the blue. what the meaning of life was. Why were we here and what is worth living? Is is wrong to have more instead of less? 

Barba never thought about things like this before, she had just finished middle school over two years ago and had thought she knew what it meant to life, to have exprince, to know what is right and what is wrong. But, high school taught her that, she did not know everything. 

That she was not as smart or as clever as anyone else. That there were some things she was good at, some things she was okay at, and some things she was not good at, at all and that was okay. 

As long as she could run, just feeling the breeze as the wind blew through her air and the sounds of the the tree leaves shaking around like ocean tides as she admired the long trees in the forest was good enough for her. 

As long as she can look at the clear blue sky, then she knew the answers would come to her when the time came until then she was content with running back home from an afternoon run sweat dripping down her face as the sun began to decent back over the mountains. 

And if she fail, she would not cry, she would not wonder about what if questions anymore. Today was a pasting phase, her firend did not have enjoy running like Barba did, her firend had not found her true happniess yet, to her firend happniess is bought, thrown away, or taken from others pain. 

But, Barba was not like that, she will never be like that, when life treats her bad she will simply go back to her favorite running spot in the woods, where she does most of her thinking and continue running and maybe someday someone will be around to run along side her too. 

© 2015 Firecrystal1092


Author's Note

Firecrystal1092
I do have a learning disability so there might be some grammar errors or awkward sentances and I would like you to tell me how I can improve as a writer. Without being mean about it.

I want respecful, honest, and calm reviewers. Not cyber bullies.

Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on February 2, 2015
Last Updated on February 2, 2015
Tags: Short Story, Nature, Life lessons, explore

Author

Firecrystal1092
Firecrystal1092

About
I have been writing since I was a small child, I hope to be a published author. I like to write about Girl enpowered stories,because I feel like there is not enough role models for girls to look up t.. more..

Writing