Learning Narcissist

Learning Narcissist

A Poem by K.S.78

Learning Narcissist


I don’t know how to let go

Fake it until I make it

Tried and true it’ll do

But it kills me

Bit by bit

Slow breakdown

Lying

To you

You want that

I didn’t think so

So what do I do

Wanting me to bleed for you

I will cut my vein for you

That is how it is done

Letting go and moving on

It seems so easy

You are vacant

Now I

See

It’s easy

To live life

With no emotional attachments

Then I won’t get hurt

I will only hurt everyone else

I guess it pays to be selfish

 

k.s. 3/2013

© 2013 K.S.78


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's not selfish at all when so many sacrifices are being made, but never easy to live life with no emotional attachments. There is always pain involved.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I don't think it is very selfish if you want to save a person from the pain they are enduring. It's not at all, I like the way you put your words to describe exactly what your feeling.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Its not selfish to want recognition especially when you are willing to bleed for someone. I like the structure and the rhyme is very good. Nicely written.

Posted 10 Years Ago


"This is but the starting exercise of who we are. We don't exactly know how to teach you where to go but truly there were predecessors who has taught you of the same manner in which we are teaching you today.

As to seek out the flesh is to seek out the bone and are we not entitled to learning both carve this sculpture in front of us. We are not the mythical genus of this man who seeks only himself. Instead we are told to sought out for those who selflessly give themselves to the beauty that is around them. Ugly or not it is a reminder constantly that we are sharing this life like no other. For what beauty this melodious soul belong to when our heart is ready to tell them we are listening.

We ought to find this creation in front of us and seek refuge that it will help us guide into a new direction. Never lose sight that we are not to be this narcissist but a giver of life we must become. This is what we must not recant to believe we are alive. Truly spoken from our heart is a reminder that there is no shame when we become the selfless saint. For are we not balanced into what our deeds are. For a saint is not of a religious context but a human concept of who we are. A balanced person.

Of soul and true virtue we connect to the life like no other. This is the rightful age of who we are. To disconnect and be the part of the wave that is the narcissist is to never learn because we succumb to it. We are selfless learners, listeners and teachers to knowing that we have made examples of the fall of our humanity.

Finally for what the bone and flesh can never feel is the reeling effect of a burning soul and chilled heart. Beauty of what sings and dances is something our soul will be able to tell. I am humanly selfless is what I am and to know that I will not be a narcissist is something we must learn to disavow and forget...so understand this is a learning exercise and I am not the teacher for you have the lessons to enlighten and illuminate."

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 22, 2013
Last Updated on June 22, 2013
Tags: Love, Breakup, Emotional, Free Verse, Heartbreak, Meltdown, Photography, poem, Poetry, Relationships, intimacy, sex, angst, self-harm, sad, depressed, angry, anxiety, loss, hate, used, manipulation, angery, hurt


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Black Hole Black Hole

A Poem by K.S.78