Secrets are just the beginning...

Secrets are just the beginning...

A Story by Kind#Agent101
"

A young sixteen year old trying the find out the truth to her unknown masked past... who was she really? who was her parents? but the question is, what was she?

"

 

I woke to the warm comfort of sunlight that crept in past the gap of my curtains, outside my window I could hear the sounds of birds out and about their day tweeting their own little songs. I sat up on my bed and looked at my clock, it had read half past seven, it seems to be a bit early to start the day, but today was Monday. But today is also the beginning of my new life. Today I’ll be attending my new school. Hi, my name is Kasandra Alena Heronbridge and this is my story.

 

Going through at least two of my drawers of my closet searching for my crisp, clean and new uniform. The uniform itself was a white long-sleeved blouse with a black tie which had a gold trim at the bottom, the skirt was the same as the tie black with the gold at the hem of the skirt but the jacket was pretty much the same only difference was that of the emblem of the school was on the top left side just above the pocket. I head downstairs to look for something to snack on after I’d finished getting ready, I turned out of the hallway and into the kitchen to find a tall woman flipping pancakes in a pan for breakfast. “Oh, Kasandra your awake good, good do you want some pancakes before you head off to your new school?” the woman turned around to ask me as she heard me come into the kitchen, I looked up out of my rivalry of thinking about eating them all and realized she asked me a question “Ahh, yea sure I’d love some thanks mum, I could smell them from atop the stairs and couldn’t resist a peek” I added sheepishly. I sat at the table waiting for my breakfast as my mother piled a small stack of them on a plate meanwhile I packed my bag with my books, pens and laptop. I sat my bag beside me as my mother Leanalee put the plate of food in front of me and I got stuck into them.

I was walking down Main Avenue towards the school, I could see its tall building through the trees as I walked each step closer. I walked past tiny shops selling trinkets, clothes and things, the sun was warm against my skin as I kept walking past a whole lot more shops til I reached the corner of the street to find the tall, big iron gates of St. Claremont Private School for Talented Children. St. Claremont, with its detailed red brick building that was three storeys high, it stood magnificently against the clear blue sky, and there were many other kids in the same uniform in their own little groups, chatting and gossiping away before the bell that was going to ring and sound around the whole premises. I headed towards the main office to go see the headmaster, it wasn’t that hard to find considering it was located near the front of the main building. I waited a few moments before knocking on the Headmasters door, I straightened myself and stifled a sigh as I knocked waiting for a reply, momentarily the door open but when I looked around I couldn’t see the headmaster anywhere nor could I find a single soul in the room, Who could’ve open that door? There certainly no one around…not that I can see anyway I thought to myself as I stood infront of the window I watched some students who were chatting excitedly to one another down the drive of the school, I felt there was someone standing behind me and I turn to see a young boy about the same age as me but at least a head taller who was also strikingly handsome staring back at me. We’d been staring at one another without blinking an eyelash for what felt like a long dreaded two hours but it had only been a few minutes slowly ticking by, suddenly a fast movement by the door caught my eye, there gracefully walking towards me and the tall handsome guy next to me was a very tall man who was even taller than the boy next to me. “Good morning and welcome to my humble abode of my office young Miss, you may call me Headmaster Dominic, now come take a seat, and you too Mr Johnson come take a seat” the tall person who had called himself Headmaster Dominic had said as he gestured this Johnson boy and I towards two seats that sat next to each other infront of a single one behind the Headmaster’s desk where at that moment he sat waiting for us to sit down. After a long discussion about me having to get a guide to get around the place for the next couple days and how this Johnson boy was the one who was gonna be doing that and how my classes are going to be organised at this place, apparently having eight periods of classes a day in eight hours is pretty normal, but who cares… oh wait I do eight long dreaded hours of school with only one lunch break after fourth period also meanwhile having to interact with other students, god the day mightn’t have already started but could this day get any worse. Finally out in the corridor waiting in the fresh cool air as the boy I’d been in the room with finished up talking about private matters, I don’t have a clue what they were saying but every now and again they shot a glance in my direction I thought to myself again that not only had the day started out ridiculous but now the people I’d been the first to have made both visual and physical contact with are also starting to look ridiculous. I turn to look down the other end of the corridor and saw a tiny shadow go down towards the left side of the end corridor, so as annoying as my curiosity is I followed it and began to jog down the hall away from the Headmaster and the Johnson boy who were still in a heated discussion about something, it’s not like there gonna miss me for long I’ll only be a few minutes, I only want to see what is on the other side of the hall to the left. I rounded the corner to find a door that was open a jar, I open it more and stepped inside to a very large room with a huge black lounge. Out of nowhere someone comes from out behind me and puts their hand on my mouth and the other at my neck holding a knife. ‘Stop, don’t move or else’ said a deeply annoyed male voice who was steering me towards the middle of the room where the lounge was. I looked around the room once more but this time it was dim with barely any light all I could see was faint outline of my surroundings. ‘If you even dare make a sound because I wont hesitate to kill you’. Obediently I didn’t make a sound but I gave a terrified nod as I was balled up at the end of the couch, my thoughts scream ‘Someone! Anyone! Please help me!! ’

Time past as he just sat at the other end of the couch looking at me intently muttering what sounded like unintelligent curses in some other language. Minutes past and we just stared at one another, while I was wondering if I was going to get out of this room alive or not, I’m starting to get the vibe that this guy is growing very impatient pretty fast by the second. Oh what to do I thought to myself. I had to get out of here and quick. “Kasandra! Where are you? And please don’t talk aloud and not time to explain, just tell me where you are, just think it in your head, understood?” a familiar voice I’d heard or was it that I’d thought it? “Wait… you sound like that Johnson kid, omg thank god I thought I was gonna die in here” I thought back in relieve “yes, I am, now hurry tell me where you are and I’ll explain later if we get out of this” the Johnson kid answered very quickly, I had now time to lose so I’d told him quickly how I got bored waiting for him while he spoke to Headmaster Dominic and how I saw a shadow at the end of the hall and how I’m in this strange room with a guy who will most likely kill me if the Johnson kid wont hurry up, he understood and said he’d be there as soon as he could and I trusted him.

Moments later the door burst open and two shadows came rushing in and came towards me and shoved me behind them, “Blackheart!!” roared the tallest of that two infront of me which sound like the Headmaster who also had the guy who had been called Blackheart pinned against the wall, “Johnson, get her out of here, take her somewhere safe I’ll find use.” the Headmaster said sternly and clear, Johnson was about to pull me towards the door when the Blackheart guy smugly “You can’t protect her for long boy, you can’t stop her from her fate, it’s her destiny” Blackheart said antagonising Johnson “Shut up, don’t you dare say another word you vile piece of s**t” Johnson growled back and began to hurry out the  door with him pulling me in tow. We began to run as we got out of the room I noticed we went back the way I’d had come and we went to a place on the other side of the campus, we went inside and we began to wait for Headmaster Dominic. The room I noticed was like a little café with four mini tables covered in white cloth and a banquet of small red roses with a stand of cupcakes and teacups with a teapot. “We should wait here for the Headmaster, he should be back soon” the Johnson kid said breaking the daunting silence. “Sure” I replied and just to make light I asked “How exactly do you know my name because I didn’t quite exactly tell you?” he stared at me awhile before he spoke and like he promised he told me what exactly is going on and how he knew my name, for someone who didn’t really want to tell me something so secretive he’s doing a wonderful job on describing it in every little detail. But I’d soon realize that it was all part of the plan. Just as I was about to answer to all the mumbo jumbo there was a sudden rhythm knock on the metal door, the Johnson boy hesitated before he decided to open the door and there stood the Headmaster. When I saw the Headmaster this time his left arm was scorched as if something got caught on his arm that had been made of flames and he had a trickle of blood pouring from his cheek, as I rushed to get up to help the other guy get the Headmaster in and to sit down and I knew that the headmaster needed to be treated, I looked around and found a white box with a red cross on it. Sighing with relieved that I’d found the right box I’d began to rush over to the Headmaster and asked that the Johnson boy move aside he did resist at first but he nodded a moment later as if he knew after both he and the Headmaster exchanged glances. To be honest I really didn’t know, let alone realize what I was meant to do but I managed to mend his left arm and bandage it up and I fix the cut on his cheek so it won’t get infected “Ok all done, I think” I said as I finished patching the Headmaster up and starting packing the box back up “you think my dear child? You did pretty good work just now how did you know how to treat my arm like that?” Headmaster Dominic asked me as he placed a hand on my shoulder, I turned to look up at him and began to stand “umm” I said as I walked back to the counter where I’d had found the first aid box and placed it there as I began to think how I’ve known how to treat such a burn because it didn’t look like no ordinary burn to me than as I near the Headmaster and the Johnson boy I had a sudden strong sense of deva vu and then I began to remember a memory from when I was five. I was in the living room infront of the fire nearly on the brink of sleep when the front door burst open and I saw my father come rushing through the door he was tall and semi- muscular with dark hair and bright turquoise eyes that shone in the dim light, his long black cloak was ripped in various places and his white collared shirt was torn down the middle in tatters with a long stripe of red glowing through the shirt, he also had a scorch mark on his cheek just like I saw on the Headmasters left arm, I’d had run up to him and brought him to the kitchen into a brighter light to get a better look, to my concern it was worse than I’d first though until he began to speak he’d told me to get the first aid kit and he had directed me on what to do.

As I came back to reality I saw both the guys I’d been with had the look of concern, I reached to touch my forehead as a blinding shot of pain came as it stuck me from behind my eyes and then everything started to get blurry and the ground started rushing towards me, “Kasandra!!” I’d heard the Johnson boy screamed as he hurried towards me, everything started to go black by the second as I was about to hit the ground I felt him catch me just in time, then as if all the pain stopped and all I could see was a never ending blackness I gave into trying to stay conscious and let go into the bleak nurturing arms of unconsciousness.

I woke to find myself in a bright room with light coloured purple walls a sat up and wiped my face to get the sleep out of my eyes, when I looked around I realized that I was at home in my room and as I turned to my right I saw the Johnson boy sitting in the black velvet armchair staring back at me “You!? W-what? Why? Are you here?” I say astonished “Hold on why am I at my house weren’t we just at the school?” I began again before he could answer meanwhile jumping out of my bed and head for the door “No one’s home” he said with a start “I mean there was your mother was anyway, she was concerned to find me knocking on your front door meanwhile I was carrying you by the way to answer your first question and you suddenly past out suddenly and the Headmaster thought it’d be best to send you home for the day… oh I almost forgot your mother has gone down to the shops and she won’t be back til dinner she said she’s meeting up with a few friends” he’d added quite calmly, I look at him for awhile I had way more questions to ask him but instead I was worried that he had been watching me while I’d been out of it. “How long was I out?” I asked him curiously “for at least three hours it’s about one in the afternoon now and please before you ask you can call me Sam” he replied

© 2014 Kind#Agent101


Author's Note

Kind#Agent101
only a beginner, i'd love to hear what you guys think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on July 21, 2014
Last Updated on July 21, 2014
Tags: love, betrayal, sadness, friendship, secrets, lies, heartbreak

Author

Kind#Agent101
Kind#Agent101

Sydney, Australia



About
love creating stories, i seem to write what ever basically comes to my head. i dream to become a novelist someday, i admire cassandra clare more..

Writing