Walking Like Children

Walking Like Children

A Poem by Sectando
"

This is a letter I have written personally, for you.

"
My Dearest Comrade, 

We are strangers in passing but yet I seek to connect with you. Do not fear me nor think me queer that I should be so bold. I know that regardless of our perceived differences we are very much the same and I would  like to make your acquaintance.  

It would seem that honesty is only considered upon passing a series of tests in order to gain trust. Only then through a common interest and a judge of character should we begin to appreciate each others companionship. 

Why, my friend, do we choose to fear one another until we decide that we are worth speaking honestly?

I understand, that there are those whom would take advantage of such philosophy, for they are deceivers. We must be on our guard, comrade! 

But, suppose these deceivers had nothing to fear? 

Suppose we all could live by such virtue and, instead of fear, simply choose to love unconditionally?

Such is my dream, comrade.

That, we would embrace the opportunity to pave old roads in such freedom they would shine like polished gold under a new Sun. 

My God, what words would we speak?
 
What truths would we find within our own hearts to heal our very souls!

I could shout from the tallest mountain that every living creature would hear my secret; yet would fall to my knees  in despair of those who are deaf.

This truth is the most natural thing we have ever known.

It is so natural, comrade, that it can be seen and demonstrated in the innocence of a child. 

They know nothing else! 

What could be more natural than this? It is as natural as taking air.

I hope this letter finds you well, comrade. 

May we both guide ourselves to walk like children.

Sincerely, 
Sectando

© 2014 Sectando


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

But, suppose these deceivers had nothing to fear?

Suppose we all could live by such virtue and, instead of fear, simply choose to love unconditionally?

Such is my dream, comrade.

Indeed, indeed. Yes, sectando. A worthy write.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sectando

9 Years Ago

Thank You :)
I love this. Very strong, and great to read. Love the word choice, and the placement of them.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sectando

9 Years Ago

Thank you much, Jade :)
I enjoyed the poem. You open the door to questions.
"Why, my friend, do we choose to fear one another until we decide that we are worth speaking honestly?"
The poem had the feel of Jack London words in "When Gods laughs". You were direct and your words true. I remember days of long conversation and a chess game. I even carry a chess board with me where ever I went. The game of chess create quick friendship and good talk. Hard days to find today. Last freedom is the word. When we forget to talk. Men and women will be lost. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


Well, this is fantastic and strong.

And below I oversaw a few objections to the usage of 'comrade'. Maybe, I'm an Indian and do not understand what stance people have over a word that means 'friend', 'ally'.
First of all, use whatever the heck you like, Sectando! No one has any rights to tell you what you should use to please the public until your intention is to 'please the public'! They like it, they don't like it. Part of the game.
I do not think there is that intention.

This is like a Mark Antony monologue and begins with the explosiveness of:
"Friends, Romans and countrymen,
Lend me your ears;
I come to bury Caesar,
Not to praise him"

The middle and the conclusion are good too.
"My God, what words do we speak" ;)

A pleasure to make your acquaintance.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sectando

9 Years Ago

Thank you for this detailed review. I appreciate your feedback and the pleasure is mine.
Well I see the word Comrade sticks out..... Here's my two cents yeah it works for me because I am on the defensive side of the fence against the unseen that also you see.
So it works for me.. But those who are not awake to that unseen or aren't takig a stance or thought about it Feels the war tone and don't understand it.
I am aware of the war.
I must say and not to disregard anyone else's opinions, They are ALL very good thoughts and perspectives.
But when Chris shares his opinion.... Your pretty Lucky cause he is an Ole Pro! If you want what works on the whole and aren't stuck in Ego Gear or have a purposely self opinion then I'd take Chris's advice.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sectando

9 Years Ago

In regard to constructive criticism I have found that I prefer to leave the critiqued piece as is an.. read more
Cryingkate

9 Years Ago

I understand.. Years ago in my early days of writing I use to think like that.
Later as time w.. read more
I actually like your use of Comrade- Don't change it I think it's perfect. It gives you the power in this piece, it's very authoritative which I think is good for this specific piece. This was well said. I loved this line: "Why, my friend, do we choose to fear one another until we decide that we are worth speaking honestly?" Very true and so well said. I like the deep meaning of this and that it really gets you thinking. Great piece!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sectando

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your detailed review, I appreciate the feedback :)
uNmAsKeD-dEluSiOns

9 Years Ago

Your welcome, :)
I think this is beautiful. I do wonder, however, about the choice of the word Comrade -- perhaps it depends upon the audience. Generally, a North American audience may not favour that word, as the tone of the letter is soft and eloquent, and that word doesn't have great resonance here. All in all, though, a nice piece.

Posted 9 Years Ago


MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

Actually, I liked your writing. I found the term "comrade" jangling; but, as I said above, in the li.. read more
Sectando

9 Years Ago

Thank You :)
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

You're welcome.
Comrade strikes a negative tone in this piece. Perhaps "stranger" or "wayfarer" or "journeyer" or "friend" or a combination of those would be better suited to your theme. "Comrade" is harsh and contradictory to your title.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Eliza Mae

9 Years Ago

Yes, Ma'am.. My sincerest apologies. Though, I felt a nerving courage to speak up and defend my new .. read more
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

I hope my information answered your original query.
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your apology. I understand the urge to defend a friend.
Your use of "comrade" echoes negatively in my mind - and it feels superfluous to me.

An interesting premise and a fair prose-poem style. I could see sitting across a table - coffee in hand and talking...


Posted 9 Years Ago


Sectando

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your honesty. Could you elaborate more on the negative tone behind my using the word ".. read more
Chris

9 Years Ago

Its multiple usage and positional placement separates you from most societal conversational norms I .. read more
I don't know if this can be considered a poem, dew to whole structure of it, but I like it. It seems like your quite a thinker, as you've said yourself. You have many quotable lines in this letter, or poem, or what ever you may call it. Your word choice is very good, and the way you phrase the sentences is excellent. I especially like all the points you make, definitely gets you thinking about it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sectando

9 Years Ago

Thank You, really appreciate the feedback and that you found it to be engaging.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

706 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 7, 2014
Last Updated on October 7, 2014
Tags: love, life, freedom, philosophy, letter, innocence.

Author

Sectando
Sectando

NH



About
I am... -confused -lost -searching for self identity -searching for my passions -searching for anything i can enjoy -passionate -a failure -a winner -an "idiot" -an old soul -difficult -.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Downfall Downfall

A Poem by A. Amos


All in Vain All in Vain

A Poem by s y e