Dead Girl Texting!

Dead Girl Texting!

A Story by Kabe Stanton
"

Paranormal ghost haunting of a young man after he goes to a party and witnesses a vivid death that never goes away!

"
Dead Girl Texting
Kabe Stanton

This is.........WAS my story.  It all started Friday January First 2015 in the small town of Minocqua, Wisconsin the new year just started and all seemed well I was even invited to a party.  I mean sure a party right, People, fun, games, and girls why not right, well I went to the party. Shocking right?  Not really but one thing was shocking I was the only guy so after four or five minutes I asked the drop dead gorgeous girl next to me "So hey am I the only guy here?" She promptly replied  "My names Linda not hey and It's best not to ask questions that are obvious makes you look less cute."  I took it as a complement as returned to dancing.  While I was dancing that Linda girl approached me. "Hey want to go to the lake and take a dip?"  I thought to myself this girls f*****g crazy the lake froze over a while back but then realized it might be a joke so I made the biggest mistake of my life and told her "Sure, why not I bet the waters warm right now."  She put on her jacket I put on mine and we headed to the frozen lake I stopped where I knew land was she kept on walking and walking and walking some more I hear cracking on thin ice and yell  "Hurry run back" She looks back and gives me the cutest smile iv ever seen I take a second to blink when I open my eyes she's gone I instantly think s**t she just fell threw and run out there. She did and all that's left floating in the water is her jacket but the ice is breaking even more I run back to shore barely making it shocked and distraught I get in my car get my phone and dial 911 and the police cam it totally crashed the party. I tried explaining a girl fell threw the ice and her jacket is floating there.  They shine a light over the ice NO JACKET all day the next day I'm flooded with calls  saying "You crashed our all girls  party your a guy you were not even suppose to be there and they didn't even find this girl you said fell threw.  I would explain again she did fall threw her name was Linda and I was on the invitation list on the door.   Another call comes in saying  "No one on the list was named Linda and I better lay low for a while" by Katie one of my friends.  So I finally get out of bed after all these calls walk down stairs and saw something disturbing Linda's jacket is on my coat hanger dripping water I was scared shitless then I hear my phone ring but one thing its not my ring tone.  It was coming from the jacket I paused thinking OK if her jackets here and her phone maybe i was drunk and took her home and forgot about the whole thing and the calls were a prank but no one came curiosity got the best of me so i went to check and it was a text saying "Jump in the waters nice and warm"  thinking i must be going insane from the even like PTSD or something and it's all in my head i dismiss it and go on with life. on my way to the bar which is on the same lake by the way I know right what the f**k was i thinking all seemed normal the bartender asked what i wanted i replied just some soda after finishing it paying i start my car sigh and look at the lake to see a horrific sight Lindas on the lake standing on the ice soaking wet I run back in to the bartender and ask "did you see a girl on the lake just now" she replied no ones on the lake right now ice is too thin.  ok now i know i must be going crazy i return home and take a shower put the water on the highest heat but it comes out ice cold so i called the people the usually fix boilers and said i don't have hot water so they came to check it out tried the water and it was fine they checked the shower and it was fine  also they left without charging me luckily but i was wonder like what the hell that's when now my phone rings from a restricted thinking its the bill collector I pick up and about to say "f**k off" I hear what sounds like running water and a muffled voice asking me  "was the water warm" fallowed by the creepiest teehee ever at that point i knew what i had to do and I went back to where the party was walked on the ice and said hope its warm that instant I fell threw at first a cold feeling rushed my body the coldest id ever felt in my life but then  started to feel warm nice and warm the next time i woke up i was in the hospital.  Some snowmobiles went by and saw the whole thing and got me out and called 911 i was barley saved and suffered hypothermia they explained that's why I felt warm... A whole year passed and id forgotten all about it now its 2016 Jan first and I get a text from a random number I don't recognize it read...."the waters warm this time of year isn't it?"  to which i reply  "yeah...... it is.... wanna take another dip Linda?"

© 2016 Kabe Stanton


Author's Note

Kabe Stanton
OK, So I'm brand new to writing stories so please go easy on my work when it come to grammar and stuff. I hope you all enjoyed it. I'd love feedback critics welcome too :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lets just say this story could use a lot of work.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
1 Review
Added on January 5, 2016
Last Updated on January 5, 2016
Tags: Ghost, Ghost story, Haunting, Scary

Author

Kabe Stanton
Kabe Stanton

Minocqua, WI



About
I recently got into writing so my grammar is kinda bad. more..