The King of Chaos

The King of Chaos

A Story by Cat
"

It's the end of the world and the king of chaos is having a discussion with his chancellor

"

The King was as calm as ever, his chancellor paced anxiously.”

“The time is approaching Sire, What will you do?”


“What does it matter what I do or don’t. Havoc has stretched across the land, Disruption has destroyed all peace that once was, and Chaos has caused those once sane to go mad and I am the ruler of them all. Without balance there is disorder, where there is disorder there is confusion, where there is confusion, there is madness.”


The King looked over from his chair to see his weary chancellor. “Let me ask you something, how does one know darkness?”


The chancellor was taken aback by his question and replied confidently “A simple question with a simple answer, of course because it is dark!”


The king then asked,“Ah, but what is darkness without light? What is light without darkness? With this you begin to understand the importance of balance.”


With great respect the chancellor bowed and replied,

“You prove an indisputable point Sire, but how could you let things get so out of hand?”


The king takes in a deep breath before becoming deep in thought.“The people summoned them, with their selfish wishes, uninterested in the consequences of acquisitive behavior.”


The chancellor then asked him in confusion, “You could have stopped them if you desired to do so.”


The king sighed breathily before looking above at  the people, “Even a king of chaos wished to be kind…But Maybe a greater good will come from this.”


A greater good seemed impossible for the chancellor considering the circumstances of the current situation.

“What could you mean?”


Assertively the king replied,

“Where there is madness there is emptiness and that is what will become of the land.”


It seemed as if the king was talking complete nonsense today, or rather in a way nobody could ever understand.

“How would emptiness be beneficial in any way?”


The king closed his eyes for a few seconds before standing up beside the chancellor. The king took the chancellor's hand and rested it on his shoulder.

“There is room to start over, to bring alongside memories, new emotions, realizations, and understanding.”


“It looks like it’s almost over now, time to step outside.”


Both the king and his chancellor walked towards the door, his chancellor allowing the king to pass first. Over the horizon there was a bright light, a painful light. And the people soon began to give up, their screams, muffled. The rain washed away the blood shed and debris of the wreckage. And in all of this the king calmly spoke,


“This rain never felt so good,

This pain never felt so complete,

The horizon never seemed so promising,

The people never seemed so weak.

The web woven now broken,

The web woven with deceit,

Defeat never tasted so bitter,

Defeat never tasted so sweet.”

© 2017 Cat


Author's Note

Cat
I think I wrote this in middle school and came across it again looking for some lost essay LOL this is my first post so go easy on my poor lil writers soul. What do you think of it though?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

If this is exactly like you wrote it, I believe its heads above most middle schooler’s personal writings. Makes more sense to, it reads like a play, which we all had to read, and a lot of them, in middle school. Cannot imagine a real kingdom with a plague of madness going outside the walls of their ruler and the King being alone in the throne room with just one other. Plays like Julius Cesar, are often written with few characters.
Be curious what you had read or watched prior that inspired the story. Movies like Mad, Mad, Mad World or Tora, Tora, Tora or Animal House or the now classic, The Night of the Comet.
Most movies have a lead character who has a pivotal reflection of the current circumstances and a type of tell all when they deliver a speech, like your King.
…..Who can forget the brain trust scientists who forgot to close the dampers on the ductwork? Cause closing sheet metal louvers will OBVIOUSLY stop the zombie turning space disease from entering their facility (spoiler alert).


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cat

7 Years Ago

Thanks for your fun review :3



Reviews

I liked it, Cat. I can see why you liked "Inner Light" as your story deals with some of the same issues. If you wrote this in middle school, I look forward to reading your later work.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cat

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind review :)
If this is exactly like you wrote it, I believe its heads above most middle schooler’s personal writings. Makes more sense to, it reads like a play, which we all had to read, and a lot of them, in middle school. Cannot imagine a real kingdom with a plague of madness going outside the walls of their ruler and the King being alone in the throne room with just one other. Plays like Julius Cesar, are often written with few characters.
Be curious what you had read or watched prior that inspired the story. Movies like Mad, Mad, Mad World or Tora, Tora, Tora or Animal House or the now classic, The Night of the Comet.
Most movies have a lead character who has a pivotal reflection of the current circumstances and a type of tell all when they deliver a speech, like your King.
…..Who can forget the brain trust scientists who forgot to close the dampers on the ductwork? Cause closing sheet metal louvers will OBVIOUSLY stop the zombie turning space disease from entering their facility (spoiler alert).


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cat

7 Years Ago

Thanks for your fun review :3

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars

Stats

264 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 19, 2017
Last Updated on February 22, 2017
Tags: fiction, apocalypse, fairy tale, medieval

Author

Cat
Cat

About
I'm a little bit of a wanderer but who isn't in this world? Aspiring polyglot and amateur poet. Words are my best friend and so is poetry. Come get lost with me it'll be fun I promise :) more..

Writing
And; Love And; Love

A Poem by Cat